Verizon's Version of the Note 2

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy and they just got in the Demo model of the Note 2 for Verizon.

I just wanted to let you know of some changes I noticed compared to other Note 2s.

First thing is the digital clock widget is gone. This is the clean simple clock widget you see just the time and date on. This was kind of disappointing to me.

Second thing is there is no wifi toggle on the top of the notifications. Instead it has an ongoing notification which can kill battery life faster.

The third thing I want to note (no pun intended) is that Verizon's version DOES in fact have the multitasking ready to go. You won't have to wait for an update for this feature.

I wish I could have tested reception but Best Buy doesn't activate any of their demo phones.

Tonik

Reaction score
Could you have bought it...or just on display for sale at a later date? And thanks for the info, think I will head over to BB on the way home today.

wardo

Reaction score
Checked out the at&t note 2 today at best buy. It's so big. I was blown away by how light and thin, though. Felt more comfortable in my pocket than my extended battery thunderbolt. It's easily half as light.
Screen is so smooth, everything works flawlessly, zero lag. Main camera is phenomenal.
Front camera is un comparable to other phones.
Pen is cool. Works very good, does what you want it to.
I like it

tap a talka thingy

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
If you guys are big into the date/time widgets, I would highly recommend "Beautiful Widgets". Bought it a couple years ago and never regretted it! Awesome skins and features!

OP
MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
If you guys are big into the date/time widgets, I would highly recommend "Beautiful Widgets". Bought it a couple years ago and never regretted it! Awesome skins and features!

I've had it a couple years ago also. Beautiful widgets is a nice widget program and there are many other alternatives out there, my only point was the Samsung one is gone on the Verizon version and I'm not sure why Verizon would even say they want it removed. It just makes no sense to me.