Verizon’s Droid X Screen Protectors Come Up Short….Literally

Ucla74

Reaction score
FUD.

The protector protects 100 percent of the screen you can use. It's highly unlikely any other protector marketed for the Droid X will be a different size.

It's a screen protector, not a glass protector.

cromo8

Reaction score
that looks like a screen protector a retailer would sell not a corporate location

zook_b

Reaction score
I got an Invisible Shield and it covers the whole glass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NuDroid

Reaction score
I purchased the verizon one for now but placed my order for the ultra clear sgp steinhiel.

rolandct

Reaction score
I purchased the verizon one for now but placed my order for the ultra clear sgp steinhiel.

That's what I did. Rather have something on it until the good one comes.

OP
S

Shira

Reaction score

That's what I did. Rather have something on it until the good one comes.

haha, i just kept the original out of box screen on it once i saw those little baby craps that verizon sold me. I'm bringing them back. I just cut the flap off the box protector for now and scraped all the white off of it.

The screen = entire glass! Not what they want to protect. I dont want 20% of my glass scratched up and the rest crystal clear, i want a product that does its job!

RSC10

Reaction score
FUD.

The protector protects 100 percent of the screen you can use. It's highly unlikely any other protector marketed for the Droid X will be a different size.

It's a screen protector, not a glass protector.

That's just plain false. Get your facts straight brother.....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Never used on on my Droid and the X will be just as naked.

RSC10

Reaction score
Verizon screen protectors are notoriously crappy. Check out Steinheil....

jrUTlaw

Reaction score
Is it safe to not put a screen protector on the X? The glass feels so much better than the screen protectors do, but I'm afraid of getting it all jacked up. Anyone had their glass screen scratched before? I had a Voyager and the screen was scratched soooo bad, but I know it is a different kind of screen on the X. I will be keeping it in my pocket with nothing else. I know I had a phone a long time ago that got sand or something behind the screen to the point I couldn't even see the screen anymore, but that was a very long time ago.

Seven71ne

Reaction score
There are 3 reasons to get that screen protector, i for one have it aswell.
Things the DroidX Verizon screen protectors protect
1) Our fingers all have dirt/oils/other crap all over them that will make ANY touch screen over time harder to use
2) Scratches of course
3) They are also ANTI-Glare for when you take them outside on a sunny day

These screen protectors protects all of the usable space on your screen (there is a little bit of a black glass border that's not a screen but is glass)

They are very easy to put on yourself, and are very unnoticeable, they also arent such finger print magnets. They are smooth, and the droid reacts well with them..

OP
S

Shira

Reaction score
There are 3 reasons to get that screen protector, i for one have it aswell.
Things the DroidX Verizon screen protectors protect
1) Our fingers all have dirt/oils/other crap all over them that will make ANY touch screen over time harder to use
2) Scratches of course
3) They are also ANTI-Glare for when you take them outside on a sunny day

These screen protectors protects all of the usable space on your screen (there is a little bit of a black glass border that's not a screen but is glass)

They are very easy to put on yourself, and are very unnoticeable, they also arent such finger print magnets. They are smooth, and the droid reacts well with them..

Why would you not want to protect that black area of glass? Its part of the glass and I wouldn't want it scratched. The phone is well over $500, take care of the entire thing. Not just the part you touch!