Verizon's backup assistant

M

Mordechai Carver

Is it true that you can't do Verizon's Backup Assistant on the Droid? Just looking for a way to edit my contacts on the website (or computer) and have it sent to my phone instead of entering everything on the keypad.

Don't know if rooting is an answer, but I don't really know what rooting is anyway.

Thanks in advance.

kyle4269

Reaction score
Is it true that you can't do Verizon's Backup Assistant on the Droid? Just looking for a way to edit my contacts on the website (or computer) and have it sent to my phone instead of entering everything on the keypad.

Don't know if rooting is an answer, but I don't really know what rooting is anyway.

Thanks in advance.

You could sync your contacts with your Google gmail account.

noisufnoc

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

On an Android phone VZW Backup Assistant is unnecessary. The Android OS will sync your contacts and other info with the Google Account you register the phone with.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sync with google, Goto gmail>>Contacts edit....
They will back to your Droid.

OP
M

Mordechai Carver

Wow, can't believe what a dolt I am. I already sync'd with Gmail, but never put anything other than email addresses in my Gmail contacts. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all for your quick repsonses and not being to harsh on me for asking a stupid question, lol.

Mordechai

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks all for your quick repsonses and not being to harsh on me for asking a stupid question, lol.

Mordechai

No problem....You not the first and won't be the last. We were all new users at one time....

droider4life

Reaction score
Wow, can't believe what a dolt I am. I already sync'd with Gmail, but never put anything other than email addresses in my Gmail contacts. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mordechai
thats what we are here for.... Anytime!!

jroduik

Reaction score
I have done the gmail import and while the contacts do show up in my phone their numbers only show up under "notes" it wont let me dial from there and when I get a text it still shows the persons phone number not their name. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

Nevermind found out the problem, I had to go in and move the phone numbers from notes to the number under my gmail contacts and then sync again. It is a lot of work but faster and easier using copy and paste then manually entering my whole contact list on the droid.

Last edited: