Verizon's 4G LTE Plan

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

We all know Verizon has one of the sexiest looking 3G map in town, and now it seems they are working up an even sexier 4G map to go along with that. The map above is highlighting what the initial 4G cities will be for this year. Now while the dots don’t seem like much, how does all that Red look like to you? Well Verizon is planning to have that red mean both 3G and 4G once their upgrade is 100 percent complete.

What do you say about that guys? Isn't this upgrade what you've been waiting for?

Here are some more cities that should get the speed soon:

Huntsville, Alabama
Mobile, Alabama
Montgomery, Alabama
Little Rock, Arkansas
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Gainesville, Florida
Lakeland-Winter Haven, Florida
Pensacola, Florida
Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida
Tallahassee, Florida
Augusta, Georgia
Honolulu, Hawaii
Kahului-Wailuku, Hawaii
Lahaina, Hawaii
Boise-Nampa, Idaho
Carbondale-Marion, Illinois
Wichita, Kansas
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hammond, Louisiana
Detroit, Michigan
Flint, Michigan
Fayetteville-Lumberton, North Carolina
Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point, North Carolina
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Wilmington, North Carolina
Dayton-Springfield, Ohio
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Erie, Pennsylvania
State College, Pennsylvania
Charleston, South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina
Greenville-Spartanburg, South Carolina
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Clarksville, Tennessee
Cleveland, Tennessee
Kingsport, Tennessee; Johnson City, Tennessee; Bristol, Virginia/Tennessee
Knoxville, Tennessee
Memphis, Tennessee
Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas
Bryan-College Station, Texas
Provo-Orem, Utah
Salt Lake City-Ogden, Utah
Centralia, Washington
Olympia, Washington
Charleston, West Virginia
Madison, Wisconsin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Source (Verizon’s Initial 2011 4G LTE Market Cities - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

Reaction score
All well and good, but how long will it take them to get it up? I'm moving to Germany for 3 years, should I expect to come back to LTE all over?

MNull

Reaction score
Well shoot....why don't they thin out florida some...old people don't need anything fast. Share the love else where verizon!!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bizzshow

Reaction score
Boo I'm not on that roll out but if I were still back in Fla I would be

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
All well and good, but how long will it take them to get it up? I'm moving to Germany for 3 years, should I expect to come back to LTE all over?
Yes you should... 2013 is what I heard to be the completion year.
That means I'll have it some time in 2020. ;)

Seriously, though, they JUST put a 3G tower up down the road from me about 2 miles. I don't see that sucker getting touched for at LEAST two years.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dayon, OH.. I see I made the list. However, it doesn't really mean anything...lol There's no ETA on those extra cities.

To whoever said hello Sprint... I have a Sprint phone for work and at my house, I can't even use it. No reception 24/7.

Raydee35

Reaction score
SPRINT is the absolute worst, I have a BB for work through Sprint and I hate it. Half the time you don't get coverage. We also had a problem with random text messages going out...it was so bad the company had all text messaging removed from all the business phones. Verizon has been the best service I have had and I plan to keep it.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SPRINT is the absolute worst, I have a BB for work through Sprint and I hate it. Half the time you don't get coverage. We also had a problem with random text messages going out...it was so bad the company had all text messaging removed from all the business phones. Verizon has been the best service I have had and I plan to keep it.

I love Verizon. Service, coverage etc.. all top notch.. at least here.

I would switch thoguh because of the price. IF... I could find something as an acceptable replacement (which I can't). I pay $165/mo for a 1400 minute family share plan with 2 droids runnig unlimited data and the $10 add on for 500 texts plus unlimited mobile to mobile texting.

What makes me mad is that we dont EVER use more than 400 minutes a month combined and we dont ever text to anywhere but cell phones but i can't get a plan with less minutes (so says VZW) and if I drop to the 250 text plan, it doesnt include mobile to mobile. Also, I should note, that $165 is AFTER a 23% discount I get.