Verizon Samsung 4G LTE Android Phone Hands-On Demo

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From IntoMobile:

[video=youtube;bYT5VrIBOqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYT5VrIBOqM]YouTube - Verizon Samsung 4G LTE Android Phone Hands-On from CES 2011[/video]

We go hands on with the Samsung 4G LTE phone for Verizon. The phone doesn't yet have a name but it promises to be one of the more impressive 4G LTE phones from the carrier. It has a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, which offers 50% more subpixels than a standard Super AMOLED screen.

super amoled samsung 4g lte verizon "super amoled plus" "super amoled" android google intomobile review intomobile smartphone handset "cell phone" mobile phone cellphone "mobile phone" "hands-on" ces "las vegas" "consumer electronics showcase" gadgets technology conference

wingdo

Reaction score
It looks like a nice update to the Galaxy S, and since I am in the market for a 4G phone I would have considered this, but if this phone gets released with FroYo I'd never consider it as Sammy has an awful track record with updates to later releases of Android.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Would be ashame if its released with Froyo considering most rooted D1 users are already on a GB Rom. Would be like a step back.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is probably the Stealth. Nice piece of hardware!

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
if it coms with froyo a gingerbread rom will be made shortly
Could it be the Stealth i510? The Super AMOLED Plus could make it rival the Retina *and* be considered a ThunderBolt competitor. I'm a display guy and according to Johnboy the TB display is only *slightly* better than the DX. :(
If the display on the TB is better than my Voyager (Ok stop laughing now) I am going with the TB. There's always going to be something 'better' about the next phone to come out. If we were to always look forward to the next device then we would never upgrade.

Sometimes we just have to draw a line in the sand and say "This is it". In two years (or later if I'm still happy with my TB), when my VZW contract is up, I will get the best available when that time comes.

EdForsythe

Reaction score
Hi CK,
In the video I heard someone say "...upgradable to Gingerbread..." but I couldn't out make all of the transmission. Is there any way you could breathe new life into this thread so that we could locate current news on the Stealth? How about changing the forum title to Samsung LTE "Stealth i510?" I'm a display kinda guy - If the VZ iPhone had a 4.3 Retina display *and* LTE 4G I'd have it now. I could live with a 2 year contract on my outdated iPhone if every time i pulled it out people would say "WOW!' Are you feelin' me?:D

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks very nice but it's still Samsung... and their support is sub-par.

Kanibull

Reaction score
I hope the trick is that Samsung will actually start updating their phones in a reasonable time

EdForsythe

Reaction score
Another Sammy with potential!

Sorry about the OT I hope you guys don't mind. I just discovered another new Samsung with the incredible Super AMOLED Plus screen. It's the GalaxyS II. The videos I have seen of the Stealth and the GalaxyS II indicate that the new Super AMOLED Plus may be better than the Retina:icon_ banana: I think (just a hunch) that Sammy will pop sonething out Before summer.