Verizon Privacy Notice: CPNI

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Just received thus email from Verizon. Anyone care to enlighten me on this? Pretty sure I'm going to opt our as I can't see any benefit to accept this.

Dear Valued Customer,

At Verizon Wireless, we value you as a customer, and we know how important privacy is to you. As a company, we have a long-standing policy of guarding personal customer information.

This notice contains information about Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). Verizon Wireless needs your permission to share your CPNI within the Verizon family of companies, which includes our affiliates, agents and parent companies (including Vodafone), as well as their subsidiaries. This information allows us to better serve you by identifying, offering and providing the most appropriate communications products and services to fit your needs. You have the right to request that we not share such information, so please read this notice carefully.

Regardless of your decision, your CPNI will never be shared by Verizon Wireless with any unrelated third parties.

As you wireless provider, Verizon Wireless may have certain information about you that is made available to us solely by virtue of our relationship with you, such as details regarding the telecommunications services you purchase, as well as the type, destination, technical configuration, location and amount of use of such services. This information and related billing details are known as CPNI. The protection of your CPNI is important to us, and we acknowledge that you have a right, and we have a duty under federal and state law, to protect the confidentiality of this information.

You have a right to request that your CPNI remain private, and may do so by clicking the Do Not Share My CPNI button below. Unless you notify us within 45 days of receiving this notice that you do not want your CPNI shared, we will assume that you give us the right to share your CPNI with authorized companies described above.

Mods, feel free to move this if there's a more appropriate place for it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a post about this months ago. I would make it private as many have, including myself.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Thanks, I searched and found the thread.

Opt out it is.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums