verizon needs to step it up.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So yesterday my co-worker shows up to work with the HTC evo. Of course I had to check it out and was in aww of the beauty of the machine I had before me.

He was bragging all day long that Yea now had a better phone then me. But the thing is mine is way faster my battery lasted 10 times longer than his.

I'm just hoping that Verizon steps their game up to compete with the 4g evo. He also asked me what all I had done to my Droid. I receded him to the forum for any questions. Its funny because he now has a really bad*** phone and doesn't know What it is capable of.

Well I'm off of my soapbox now good day everyone.

Jakeb.

mikes

Reaction score
pissingcontest.gif

warrior21

Reaction score
Competition is a good thing. Nobody thought the droid would stay on top forever and the Evo won't be there for long either

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Competition is a good thing. Nobody thought the droid would stay on top forever and the Evo won't be there for long either

I just hope the Droid x lives up to expectations. That is my next phone.

Quite honestly i don't think the Droid X will beat the EVO 4G. I think the Droid Pro will be the only one to do that.

Or maybe another HTC device.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, check out our news section for upcoming phone releases. There is some great stuff in there.

Also keep in mind that while the Evo is truly a nice phone and a welcome member to the android family it isn't on the Verizon network, it's on Sprint. Last I checked Sprint isn't exactly known for their coverage.

OP tell him to enjoy his EVO. It's only going to be on top a short time and won't get anywhere near the amount of sales the Droid did. If you want to really have some fun with him take him to some remote place and see if he can get any bars.;)

A phone is only as good as it's coverage, one of the reasons why so many iPhone people have switched to Droid.

I got a big kick out of watching a delayed broadcast of the show "Survivor" showing off the Palm Pre. I kept thinking, yeah, looks nice but can they make a call with it? Didn't see any calls made.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
You obviously don't keep up with Android news. I'm not going to do it for you, but try searching for the three big Android phones being released on Verizon this year...

clucernoni

Reaction score
You should think of the Evo as part of the Android family, not as an enemy! Show him all the cool apps he can get. They also just got full root access so tell him all the awesome things he can do if he is rooted and show him how to do it. Really, the Evo does just as much for you as it does for him because it is competition and makes other phone manufacturers step it up and produce better phones.

OP
X_TAC23

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong his phone is amazing and I have showed him this website to fill him in on all capabilities of android phones. I just can't wait to see what's next forverizoni have rooted a couple of my coworkers droids for them. I seen the root access for the evo but he chooses not to let because of the warranty issue.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Awesome phone... I love the screen... And Sense isn't nearly as clunky as the Eris/Hero....

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
He was bragging all day long that Yea now had a better phone then me. But the thing is mine is way faster my battery lasted 10 times longer than his.

So if your Droid is faster than his EVO, and has better battery life; then honestly what are you complaining about? I'm a bit confused here. You say that Verizon needs to "step it up" to compete with the EVO; yet you list 2 VERY important things that your Droid does better.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
With all the build quality issues being revealed lately with HTC phones, I wouldn't be too jealous.

QFT.

I'm going to stay away from HTC until they put out a phone that doesn't have a screen falling off or one that doesn't recognize touch input when laid down on a table.