Verizon Makes it Official: The Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD Oct. 18th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-razr-maxx-availabile-oct-18.jpeg

Verizon just shared over the news wire that they will officially launch the new Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD on October 18th. Here's the full press statement,

Last month, DROID RAZR M by Motorola launched as the full-screen phone with edge-to-edge display, and on Oct. 18, two more exclusive DROID RAZRs will arrive – DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola. Both smartphones continue the DROID RAZR legacy and provide the features and power that customers have come to expect.

As the most compact 4.7-inch smartphone, DROID RAZR HD is built with premium materials such as Corning Gorilla Glass and DuPont KEVLAR fiber. And to defend against the occasional spills and splashes, there’s a protective layer of water-repellant nanocoating.

DROID RAZR HD features an 8-megapixel camera and an HD display that makes movies, photos, magazines and websites appear with vibrant clarity. The Circles Widget makes it easy to view battery life, text notifications, missed calls or weather updates, right on the home screen. The smartphones are near-field communications(NFC)-enabled, so customers can use Android Beam to share contacts, documents and maps directly to compatible phones.

DROID RAZR MAXX HD has the same features as the DROID RAZR HD but includes a battery that allows for up to 32 hours of normal use and double the internal storage to 32 GB. Customers can also maximize their battery life using the updated SMARTACTIONS app that features a new Driver Mode.

Both new DROID RAZRs run over 4G LTE, combined with Chrome for Android, meaning customers can enjoy blazing fast speeds that make downloading documents or surfing the Web a breeze. Verizon Wireless 4G LTE will soon be available to more than 245 million people in the United States. Also, both devices are Global Ready, so calling home or sending emails is possible from more than 205 countries around the world.

The DROID RAZR HD will be available for $199.99 and the DROID RAZR MAXX HD will be $299.99, both with a new two-year contract. The DROID RAZR HD will be available in either Black or White and have 16 GB internal storage. The DROID RAZR MAXX HD will be available in Black and have 32 GB internal storage. The new smartphones will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online on Oct. 18.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I WAS a huge moto fanboy. Motorola's are all I've ever bought and used... I was inline for this phone, if it had been released this summer it would be in my hands now... but its apparently not meant to be...

Maybe the Moto nexus... but this should be an awesome device for customers...:)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i WAS looking forward to this phone.. now i have 0 interest .. still awaiting Note 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After having played with the Droid RAZR M, I am even more excited by these phones. The quality of the device and the way it was optimized for battery efficiency just blew me away. I can't wait to see the higher end models.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
After having played with the Droid RAZR M, I am even more excited by these phones. The quality of the device and the way it was optimized for battery efficiency just blew me away. I can't wait to see the higher end models.
Agree, if the RAZR M blew me away the HD should really deliver the goods. My opinion of course :)

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I, too, was a huge Droid fan...and if this had come out when the SGS3 did, back in the summer when I needed to upgrade to keep my unliimited data, I would have gone for it. But as it is, I'm very happy with my Galaxy S3, and am even waiting for the Note 2 now. I realized that what I wanted most out of a phone was the biggest screen available...and soon that will be the Note 2 on Verizon...yay!

ke0kie

Reaction score
why the non-interest? Seems like a decent enough phone.

What does it not do that it should?

--Scott

ke0kie

Reaction score
for me, with the maxx HD battery performance (assumed), I see non-removable battery a minor issue. I'm not pulling the battery out of my thunderbolt on a regular basis, as a gauge.

What applications/functions exist that make utilize the quad-core? I'm fairly quad-core unaware.

geoff5093

Reaction score
This was the phone I was originally going to get, but the more I hear about the Note II the more I want that instead of the MAXX HD. Samsung appears to be the only one making significant advances in features and hardware, there are so many features about the Note II that just "make sense", and will surely make it a better experience.

BigCTM

Reaction score
Too bad Samsungs have the worst radios of any manufacturer I have ever tried. I tried both the Nexus and the S3 and sold them both due to the same horrible reception. I seriously doubt the Note will be much different.

This was the phone I was originally going to get, but the more I hear about the Note II the more I want that instead of the MAXX HD. Samsung appears to be the only one making significant advances in features and hardware, there are so many features about the Note II that just "make sense", and will surely make it a better experience.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to play with the maxx... but the note 2 is really looking like the one I want. a huge screen built in stylus... quad core 2 gig of ram.. etc etc...

guess I'll find out in a month or so

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
No interest because.....
Most folks bought a Razr/Razr Maxx in the last year. Can't get another device unless you pay full retail.
People that have an upgrade must pay full price if they don't want to go off unlimited.
Bad upgrade policies mean lower interest.

djspy

Reaction score
So, if I open up a new account with big red and get it for $299 then cancel and pay the ETF which is $300 that would save me a couple hundred dollars. Hmmm, what if I get it at Costco? Or Amazon? Might be cheaper.