Verizon Fios Adds Remote Control by Android Phones

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks really cool. I'm still upset that Fios isn't available in my area yet :(.

Unless Verizon is a carrier in your area it never will be. I sure wish I could get it I'd drop my cable provider in a second.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Looks really cool. I'm still upset that Fios isn't available in my area yet :(.

Unless Verizon is a carrier in your area it never will be. I sure wish I could get it I'd drop my cable provider in a second.

I dropped Cablevision for FiOS. I am very happy with it. The internet is really fast. I'll have to check this out. I didn't see it demoed but I hope they integrated the "search" function, because inputting movie titles or names is really a pain using the supplied remote.

rayvincent

Reaction score
OMG, how cool...
Just downloaded the app, "Verizon Fios Mobile Remote"
Can't wait to get home from work and start playing with it!

rda990

Reaction score
Cool they already have a nice DVR app that allows you to program TV shows on your DVR from anywhere :) and now this :) I hope its free (Knowing VZW -_-) and will support every STB and not just the high end ones.

clucernoni

Reaction score
yep it is free. Just downloaded it from the market. I am going to give it a test drive when I get home.

rda990

Reaction score
yep it is free. Just downloaded it from the market. I am going to give it a test drive when I get home.

Yeah just saw it ...and WOW i knew it you cant use it on a standard set top box it has to be an HD one...haha wow those bastards are greedy for money...why cant they just let all the boxes work with it -_-

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Now they just need to add the ability to stream recorded shows from my multi-room DVR to the phone and we'll be golden.