Verizon and roaming

Reaction score
So i was looking at the coverage map and was slightly confused when it says no coverages does that mean when it tries to talk/txt/check email will it go to roam charges or would it act as though your phone is off. Im going to put in bay next weekend so this is must needed info. I always thought you couldnt roam in the usa. But I may be wrong does anyone know?
Sorry if this has been posted before

xliderider

Reaction score
Sounds like you should give Verizon a call... you wouldn't want any surprise charges on your bill. If you set your phone to "home only" under network, you wont have any roaming charges.

B

bthomp21

from reading other threads, as long as you are in the united states you should be fine with no extra charges.

Benton

Reaction score
Beware along the US - Canada border, a lot of cross-over signals. I have had some roaming charges reversed when bringing this to their attention (I guess they can check what towers you were connected to). I suppose the same could be said about US - Mexico border but I haven't had the issue there to know.

OP
paperdoll11789
Reaction score
ok thanks and ill have to give them a call and see
and to the person who said set it to home only what exactly does that do and how do you do it. thanks :)