Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3g-upgrade-doc-leak.jpg

Does all this buzz over the new Droids have you checking your upgrade eligibility? Well, we got the full details of the new Early Upgrade offers available for Verizon Wireless smart phone users. The offer will run between June 23, 2010 to August 31, 2010 and will require the typical new 2 year customer agreement.

Promotional Details:

• Each eligible Mobile Telephone Number (MTN) can upgrade only once during the promotional period
  • Upon taking advantage of the promotion, the MTN will not be eligible to upgrade that line again for 12 months; which must be disclosed to the customer
  • This promotion cannot be combined with any other offer/promotions (including Bill Incentive Credits)
  • Requires data package $29.99 or higher
  • Contract end dates will be extended 24 months.
  • Device eligibility dates and NE2 will be extended 20 months

Eligibility Requirements

All customers who qualify will be loaded into the Next Best Activity (NBA) Tool. COOS will be ensuring that eligible customers are included in NBA; if the customer is not listed, they are not eligible for the promotion.

• Any customer with a service contract end date of 12/31/10 or earlier, including: Consumer, Employee Liable (ELEU), Corporate Non-Contracted, Corporate Liable (CLEU) up to 99 lines
  • -Excludes Fed Govt and Local/State Govt purchasing off the GSA-FSS
  • Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible
  • Account must be current
  • Promotion cannot be used for a "Buddy Upgrade." The eligible line must upgrade and keep the 3G Smartphone
Note: Concession accounts are not eligible for this promotion.

Using Next Best Activity (NBA)

While using NBA to validate promotional eligibility, please remember the following instructions:
1. Treat each Mobile Telephone Number (MTN) as a
single line verification in InfoDesk.
2. When validating multiple lines, open a new validation
window for each MTN.
3. Do not use the drop down on multi-line accounts.
Device Requirements

• ␣Upgrade to any 3G Smartphone ␣
  • 2-year agreement only

3G Smartphone Early Upgrade Process (eROES)

• 1. Agents/Retailers – When retrieving a customer's account information, if a Next Best Activity (NBA) message displays, the MTN is eligible for this 3G Smartphone Early Upgrade promotion. Call COOS to proceed. (See ‘Using NBA section for details.)
  • 2. COOS – Requests agent’s sales outlet ID and eROES POS Location Code to process eROES order.
  • 3. COOS – Verifies MTN is listed in NBA. If the MTN is not listed in NBA; the MTN is not eligible. Verifies in Device Manager that new device is a 3G Smartphone and begins processing the remainder of the transaction in eROES. Verifies what data package the customer is requesting and gives agent corresponding application number for pending offers.
  • 4. COOS – Change upgrade eligibility date and/or date in billing to allow for a qualified upgrade.
  • 5. COOS - Enters MEID/ESN (verifying it is a 3G Smartphone) in eROES and adds $29.99 data package and confirms any other plan changes the customer requests. Provides application number to agent/retailer.
  • 6. Agents/Retailers – Pull order(s) by application number and clicks submit to complete order and then requires customer to sign eROES customer agreement.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I read that right, I can't use my sons eligible upgrade and then swap the phone to my line. I wonder how that will be monitored.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If I read that right, I can't use my sons eligible upgrade and then swap the phone to my line. I wonder how that will be monitored.

I'm sure they can lock the number to the ESN of the device.

Reaction score

lol they can do that, I have had it done more then once. Maybe VZW says they cant but the store's here dont care and just like that you have to renew your contract for 2 more years.

soulpatch

Reaction score
Vulcan - I would imagine that if you gave your droid to your son and you took the Droid X that all will be fine as they get the revenue for the data line and such.

huskur

Reaction score
OK....i understand parts of it....parts are jibberish to me..... My eligibility upgrade is november 14, 2010 so am i taking this right to say that i qualify?

seldon

Reaction score
This is so lame. Who has a contract that expires in the next six months but isn't eligible for an upgrade yet? Almost no one.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:woot:

Man the more and more I see the droid x the harder it become to stick by my guns and wait.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I think Im over reading this.

Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible

Means AUP before 12/31 can or can not upgrade?

lchavez289

Reaction score

Vulcan.. Yes you can do that. You wouldn't be using the Promo upgrade. If your son has a regular upgrade on your account then there's no issue.

What I wanna know is how the hell you guys got this promo guide 15 minutes before it reached my work email. haha

Any questions guys gimmie a shout

huskur

Reaction score
OK....i understand parts of it....parts are jibberish to me..... My eligibility upgrade is november 14, 2010 so am i taking this right to say that i qualify?

Looks like the "X" is coming to my house:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:):icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
'X' does look more and more appealing. But I'm not eligible yet for an upgrade. Not worth shelling out full price IMO.

I'll wait for the 2ghz monster :)

lchavez289

Reaction score
I think Im over reading this.

Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible

Means AUP before 12/31 can or can not upgrade?
Yes, you're overreading a bit =]
Basically its saying that it's for people that aren't eligable for those, (NE2, EUP, & AUP.) Which.. is obvious, but they're just clarifying.