Verizon 2.1 Update may disappoint

Newton122189

Reaction score
trust me, they ran some false tests with droid, nexus one and iphone browser speeds, they lie too much, they made it look like the droid and n1 got smoked by the iphone browser, i sent them an email regarding the legitimacy of there tests with a youtube test showing almost identical browser speeds and NOT the extremely false speeds they showed and they wouldnt even respond to me, i told them that there false reports disgusted me and that they had lost a long time reader, they didnt care

when a company builds a large customer base playing on gullible and naive ppl, then they can afford to not care.

but every once in a blue moon, there arises a mass of ppl that can't be fooled that easy, are skeptical and questionable about what corporations tell them before they see it with their own eyes....etc....

when that happens you start seeing which company is in bed with the other company.....just like cnet is in bed with all the companies who's products get rave editorial reviews.....the same can be said about engadget, bgr, etc....

the internet is a priceless tool, use it to get the definitive info you're looking for

yeah it really bothers me sometimes, i mean i understand fudging the truth a little to make it have a better review or something but completely false testing that leads the viewers to completely untrue conclusions is just wrong

zero7404

Reaction score
yeah it really bothers me sometimes, i mean i understand fudging the truth a little to make it have a better review or something but completely false testing that leads the viewers to completely untrue conclusions is just wrong

fudging results, regardless of severity, is still a lie. sad fact of reality that this world has become overrun with such people.....so u can understand i err on the side of questioning and skepticism rather than taking a statement as fact/truth.

warbuck

Reaction score
Motorola | Facebook
MotorolaHi all-- we know you are frustrated with the lack of details regarding Android software upgrades and we sincerely apologize for not being able to share info sooner. We're happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to DROID will start to roll out this week, and we will have more information to share on other device upgrades later this week as well. Thanks for your patience and continued support.5 hours ago

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I JUST WANT FLASH PLAYER oh and i'm fine wit Bugless Beast.

+1 on Flash. It has taken way, WAY WAY too long to get it. The day Droid gets Flash I can officially sell my laptop. :icon_ banana:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
According to this article, Verizon is stripping some stuff out of 2.1 such as the "conveyor belt" launcher, and live wallpapers. Those that are patiently waiting for 2.1 may be disappointed in the final release. Me, I'm perfectly happy with Bugless Beast which has all of the features that I liked from 2.1. Solved the problem for me about unrooting or not.

Motorola Droid's next update to be Android 2.1, includes multitouch browser -- Engadget

Can you at least wait for the darn update to get here before we start the negativity?;)

It's suppose to be phase 1, the arrival and praise. Phase 2 is about a week after the arrival. Then you can do all the complaining you want.:icon_ devil:

Whats phase 3? Posting new threads about when the next OTA update is coming out bc we arent happy with what were given? :icon_ banana:

mrz123

Reaction score
Right now I am so happy with my Droid overclocked to 900mhz, Wireless Tether working, never freezes or restarts, 5 home screens, multi-touch maps and browser, etc.

What, if any, would be the advantage of upgrading to 2.1. I would have to redo all the rooting, hacks, etc., correct? And for what?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now I am so happy with my Droid overclocked to 900mhz, Wireless Tether working, never freezes or restarts, 5 home screens, multi-touch maps and browser, etc.

What, if any, would be the advantage of upgrading to 2.1. I would have to redo all the rooting, hacks, etc., correct? And for what?

Well, even though you would have to redo everything, you would have the most advanced core software out for the Droid, running underneath all that....just like you do now with the 2.0.1 based ROMs....instead you would have 2.1 based ROMs

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, Phase 3 is where the lemmings realize that Flash Development has nothing to do with 2.1, nor coming from moto or google.

korp

Reaction score
I want the launcher! I'll probably try just the stock with being rooted and if its acceptable then run with it but if not I'll go back to a rom.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Am I the only person who ABSOLUTELY DESPISES the conveyor belt launcher? God that thing is terrible, it's slow and adds an unecessary animation which halts your smooth scrolling! THANK YOU GOOGLE! Keep that away from my Droid!

pyro6128

Reaction score
According to this article, Verizon is stripping some stuff out of 2.1 such as the "conveyor belt" launcher, and live wallpapers. Those that are patiently waiting for 2.1 may be disappointed in the final release. Me, I'm perfectly happy with Bugless Beast which has all of the features that I liked from 2.1. Solved the problem for me about unrooting or not.

Motorola Droid's next update to be Android 2.1, includes multitouch browser -- Engadget

Can you at least wait for the darn update to get here before we start the negativity?;)

It's suppose to be phase 1, the arrival and praise. Phase 2 is about a week after the arrival. Then you can do all the complaining you want.:icon_ devil:

Whats phase 3? Posting new threads about when the next OTA update is coming out bc we arent happy with what were given? :icon_ banana:

phase 3 is profit

messenger13

Reaction score

Currently, NOBODY is running a 2.1 kernel in their DROID. THAT is what I'm waiting to see. Screw all the other stuff. I've had most of the 2.1 "goodies", and thrown them back. I am running Sholes 2.0.3 at 1.3 GHz, and she's smooth. But I am hoping that once we have the 2.1 kernel over-clocked at 1GHz or higher, we are going to see a ginormous difference. Maybe I'm too optimistic. Time will tell.

So while many people are saying they don't need 2.1, I don't think they've taken an optimized kernel and o/s into full consideration. Just sayin'...

thrashtrash

Reaction score
I agree

i want to see what these devs cook up with the latest and greatest kernel and framework but the only thing i realy want is GOD DAMN FLASH I WAS PROMISED BEFORE THE END OF LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! YOURE DEAD TO ME ADOBE. pffffhhhhwwwww that feels good to finally get out.