Vanilla android + root?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I'm definitely going to root and use a custom kernel to clock it to 1.5. I've never owned a Vanilla Android device before so I'm going to give that a go but I don't know how long I'll be able to go stock Vanilla for. Hi, I'm Dave and I'm a flashoholic. It all started when I got my OG Droid, I just had to root it and OC it and flash custom ROMs. Eventually I got hooked on Liquid ROMs and would often tweak out if I didn't flash for a day or two so I became a tester for nightlies. The last time I flashed was 2 and a 1/2 weeks ago. Thank you.

Hi... Me too... I'm a romaholic too!... But I'm a lazy one! ;) I hate restoring! xD

OG Droid... The greatest American hero!!!... Oh nvm that's GI Joe... Dang, I always get them confused...

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

turdbogls

Reaction score
people need to stop worrying about no SD card.

internal memory is not a concern for anything. Nexus S didn't have it, and they have plenty of ROMs and kernals and whatnot.
Hell, if they can get CM7 on an HP touchpad (no SD card and never meant to run android) there will be no problem getting CWR,ROMS, and kernals on this phone.

plus, internal memory means faster read/write times....sure you probably wont notice it, but it will be faster.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
people need to stop worrying about no SD card.

internal memory is not a concern for anything. Nexus S didn't have it, and they have plenty of ROMs and kernals and whatnot.
Hell, if they can get CM7 on an HP touchpad (no SD card and never meant to run android) there will be no problem getting CWR,ROMS, and kernals on this phone.

plus, internal memory means faster read/write times....sure you probably wont notice it, but it will be faster.

Good to know, thanks!

What other phones have been released with 0 bloatware?

harpua

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks!

What other phones have been released with 0 bloatware?

Lol, from Verizon? I'm going to have to go with none, ever. All they do is cripple phones!

I learned this almost 10 years ago when they crippled the bluetooth in moto a710..started moving to smarterphones shortly thereafter and vzw has always done something to hold it back from it's stock form in one way or another.

alucard9114

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to root and use a custom kernel to clock it to 1.5. I've never owned a Vanilla Android device before so I'm going to give that a go but I don't know how long I'll be able to go stock Vanilla for. Hi, I'm Dave and I'm a flashoholic. It all started when I got my OG Droid, I just had to root it and OC it and flash custom ROMs. Eventually I got hooked on Liquid ROMs and would often tweak out if I didn't flash for a day or two so I became a tester for nightlies. The last time I flashed was 2 and a 1/2 weeks ago. Thank you.

Hi dave coffee is over there leave a donation lol

baldybill

Reaction score
So, how do you load apps to this that aren't available on the market? Does the usb mount give you access to the internal memory?

Sent from my OG Droid

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does the usb mount give you access to the internal memory?

Yes, a portion of the internal memory will accessible just like as if it was an sd card. You'll be able to read/write, mount, etc. Everything you can do with an sd card, you'll be able to do with the Nexus' internal memory, except remove it.