V 6.2... Is It Worth It Yet?

TangoSucka

Reaction score
I'm running BB6.1, with a LFY 1.7 1000 keneral is she flies. like my droid has grown wings and it flies around my office. But I'm wondering, is it worth updating? It seems people are having nothing but problems with it and Pete hasn't fixed some of the issues?

Is it worth ladies and gentleman?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
What kind of kernal are you running?
You could always just update and see how your phone acts if it ain't good then restore back and your not out nothing just some time...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Some people are going to say V6.2 rocks and some are going to say it sucks balls.
Truth is, all phones are different, even within a specific brand.

And Pete does know of some of the issues, and he clearly stated that he was in the process of moving, so we have to give him some time to settle down from that before we see any fixes rolling out our way.

Personally, I have V6.2 themed with my BronZd and a Slayher 1ghz v1.6 kernel and am having a blast with it. But that's mine.

OP
TangoSucka

TangoSucka

Reaction score
What kind of kernal are you running?
You could always just update and see how your phone acts if it ain't good then restore back and your not out nothing just some time...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I'm using a Slahyers LYF 1000 ghz. Clocked to the max.

polack

Reaction score
This is my first rom ive ever put on my phone and the ****ing thing is awesome. put p3's 1.25 standard voltage kernal and the my battery life almost doubled over just my rooted phone. i don't get the complaining in this section about all the problems cause i just don't see them.

Biggdogg76

Reaction score
This is my first rom ive ever put on my phone and the ****ing thing is awesome. put p3's 1.25 standard voltage kernal and the my battery life almost doubled over just my rooted phone. i don't get the complaining in this thread about all the problems cause i just don't see them.

Give it some time. Hopefully you dont have the same problems. All the phones respond differently to the Kernels and now with the compcache option alot of people are not taking the time to research it and what kernels will work with it. I have had a few minor problems with the ROM but it is still listed as a Beta so I dont think we can really judge it yet.

Nausicaa

Reaction score
Compucache doesn't even seem good. I don't know why everyone thinks its the bees knees. I just dumped a swapper file.

peterpressure

Reaction score
I loaded a Chevy kernel, so I don't even use compcache. .6.2 ran ok for me for a few days, but both of my phones have been having some freezing issues making/receiving calls lately and just some general freezing (pulling the battery to unfreeze).

I have two droids, one stock other than rooting and BB.

That said, I am noticing some decent battery life.

EddieVersatile

Reaction score
I Love it.. Been running it for a day now with slayher 1.0 ghz kernal and setCPU, its the fastest my phone has ever ran... even compared to some old 1.2 ghz kernals..
Only issue I have with it is the location and security force close problem, I can't disable or change the pattern screen lock. But he should be releasing a fix for that soon, and it's not that much of a hassle..
The new Market is really nice.. much more intuitive..

Felix 222

Reaction score
try it for yourself...just make the backup image of 6.1, use titanium backup for the apps + settings, and then flash the new rom. it's too easy to pass up

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Compucache doesn't even seem good. I don't know why everyone thinks its the bees knees. I just dumped a swapper file.

Agreed.... it is more trouble then it is worth. And IMO really doesn't do squat from what I've seen back in the days of me even messing with it.