Using 2 GMail accounts...

Rollingbones

Reaction score
I have 2 seperate GMail accounts that I use with my Droid. What I'd like to be able to do is have the ability to access each account seperately using a shortcut from a home screen without having to go into an account and change it from there. Anyone have a way of doing this? Thanks!!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not that I have seen.

I have 4 on mine and that would be very useful.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I have 2 seperate GMail accounts that I use with my Droid. What I'd like to be able to do is have the ability to access each account seperately using a shortcut from a home screen without having to go into an account and change it from there. Anyone have a way of doing this? Thanks!!!

Long Press on your homescreen -> Shortcuts -> GMail Label

Select the account you want, then the inbox. You can do this for both accounts. Only annoying thing is that there's no way to distinguish between the two shortcuts.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Too much clutter in my opinion. I have two Gmail accounts as well but I'd rather just do Menu>Accounts. Then again though I'm the kind of guy who arranges his icons on his computer to form diamond patterns instead of just blocking out a hunk of my background which is why I love the movable icons. :)

OP
Rollingbones

Rollingbones

Reaction score
Actually, only having 2 on there (but I may add a third), I'm using Helixlauncher for my Home program so I have the 4 shortcut places on the bottom that move when ever I change home screens. I did the shortcut for one designating on account and put it in a space on that row. The other one is on one of the home screens. Thanks for the tip guys (I may look into Bettercut). Thanks!!!

EbE404

Reaction score
I have 3 Gmail accounts and use Gmail Unread Widget. Love it. Gives me an icon with direct access to the individual accounts, multiple icons to choose from and an unread number (ala iPhone) on the widget. Really handy.

OP
Rollingbones

Rollingbones

Reaction score
The widgets from the stock shortcut doesn't work. They don't maintain their assigned accounts. Guess I'll try something else...

pjo1966

Reaction score
Downloaded Gmail Unread Widget. I love it! I have 2 Gmail accounts and 1 Google Apps account. I now have 3 individual color-coded Widgets on my home screen, each with its own unread message count. Very cool.