Use for my droid 1 after upgrade?

ny22yanks

Reaction score
I am wondering if I can use my old phone (droid 1) as a sort of in car assistant. The phone is no longer activated so it will be strictly using gps and wifi. I go offroading and want to somehow mount my old phone to the dash and track trails with gps. A lot of trails do not have cell service so i'm not sure how the droids a-gps can handle this? I am also wondering if I can use the gps so see current mph. If this isn't possible then I guess I have another paper weight. Thanks for any insight.

beckx020

Reaction score
Well, you can't do it with Google Maps (default GPS on Droid). But you might be able to buy co-pilot, which stores the maps on the phone. Costs $20 I think.

Otherwise, sell your droid.

deadernie

Reaction score
I am also wondering if I can use the gps so see current mph.

There is an app called GPS Test that will give you MPH as well as altitude, compass headings, and other things. I'm not not sure if all of it's features will work without access to the internet though.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How much will you sell it for? With 2 of us (wife and I) using them, having a backup is never a bad thing.

OP
N

ny22yanks

Reaction score
I do want to see if I can get MPH to display and mess around with it before I decide to sell. I don't even know what these things are worth used.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I sold my Droid 1 on Ebay for $195 with the shipping in a matter of 2-3 hours. The only thing I offered with it was the car dock and no micro sd card. I did have the box and original usb cable and charger. I picked up the Droid X after that.