USB Cord

hdanley13

Reaction score
Ok, so I may just be stupid, but I took the USB cord out of the charger so I could use it on the computer. When I plug it in to my phone and teh computer, nothing happens. Is it supposed to come up on the computer once you plug it in?...It doesn't even charge when I have it plugged into the computer (not sure if that's what it is SUPPOSED to do). Can someone help by informing me what I'm doing wrong or am I thinking it does something that it really doesn't.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried another USB port on your computer? Perhaps on another computer.

Eliminate the possibility of it being a bad usb port.

Do you have the drivers installed for your device on your PC?

OP
H

hdanley13

Reaction score
What drivers need to be installed onto my computer? I tried another USB cord and it works fine (like my itouch).

g.ifonlyyouknew

Reaction score
Slide down the task bar up top and tap the USB connections line on your droid. Once you do that click the mode you want, yours might just be on charge ATM.

OP
H

hdanley13

Reaction score
When I slide the task bar down up top (the one that shows if you have a new text, right?) there is nothing USB related. Unlesss I'm doing something wrong

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP said the device won't even charge.

If another cord worked..... does the USB from the wall charger actually charge the device when plugged into the wall?

If not I'd say your USB cord is no good.

g.ifonlyyouknew

Reaction score
In that case its your USB port. You sure your attaching it to a USB 2.0? Not a 1.0? 1.0 would not support the power, which in turn would render it a useless connection port.

OP
H

hdanley13

Reaction score
I noticed that when I plug the usb into the computer along with my phone, when the phone is "hibernating", it turns the light on....but it doesn't say it's charging and nothing happens with my computer...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the other usb cord worked and you were able to charge your device via the usb port.... I'd say get another cord... the one you have has got some issue.

g.ifonlyyouknew

Reaction score
I don't think two stock cords would be having that issue though. If your fiance's as well as your cord is not even connecting then there has got to be another reason.

My debugging experience is telling me to try other USB slots.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think two stock cords would be having that issue though. If your fiance's as well as your cord is not even connecting then there has got to be another reason.

My debugging experience is telling me to try other USB slots.
I missed he said his fiance's cord was doing it too.

I'm in agreement, it's your USB port.

1.0 won't supply the juice.... 2.0 should work.... but why aren't you using USB 3.0? :) lol