upload speed faster than dwn on 3g

richie1378

Reaction score
I've noticed the past couple days that my download speed has been about 4 times slower than upload speed on the 3g network. Anyone else having this issue?

Chilazr

Reaction score
I noticed that my download was slower than my upload this morning in AZ around 6:30. That was pretty surprising to me. Let me test again. Well it's not slower anymore, but it's definitely slow. I got a download speed of 462 kbps and an upload of 356 kbps. Usually I'm up over 1Mbps for download and somewhere around 600-700 Mbps for upload. My WiFi is around 2.2Mbps, which is normal, so it's not my phone's fault.
What am I saying? It's NEVER my phone's fault. I love you, Droid.

Chilazr

Reaction score
I just did a *228 tower update. It got my download back up to a little over 1Mbps. The upload's still a little poky. But at least the download is faster.

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Ever since the baseband update, I have absolutely NO 3G coverage anywhere.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I noticed you get different results with speedtest.net based on the server location you're using to test. I've gotten the faster u/l speed you're referring to before and what it was, by changing test server locations, was I was getting bad data on my d/l speed. I'd get 700/800kps d/l with some locations and 4-5mps with others.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I noticed you get different results with speedtest.net based on the server location you're using to test. I've gotten the faster u/l speed you're referring to before and what it was, by changing test server locations, was I was getting bad data on my d/l speed. I'd get 700/800kps d/l with some locations and 4-5mps with others.

yeah ive noticed that even when using it from a PC.... i live about 15 miles from the miami server but get better speeds when i use the atlanta server over 700 miles away.