Upgrade to Note 3??...

OP
4shlr

4shlr

Reaction score
Ok, I think you guys have convinced me to take the plunge!... I think I will activate my old phone tho to trade that in. Just in case I need to go back to my Maxx for whatever reason. Appreciate all the insight guys! Will report back when I jump on the "Note Boat" ;)

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Ok, I think you guys have convinced me to take the plunge!... I think I will activate my old phone tho to trade that in. Just in case I need to go back to my Maxx for whatever reason. Appreciate all the insight guys! Will report back when I jump on the "Note Boat" ;)

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

Good to hear 4shlr! I've been loving the phone and even rooted it - having a blast with the thing. It's going to be my daily driver for many years - well with the Edge plan, maybe not! lol.

OP
4shlr

4shlr

Reaction score
Alright guys...I did it! First day with it & still setting everything us but so far it's pretty freaking awesome! I really appreciate all the insight guys. Looking forward to KK on this thing!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

skipbl92

Reaction score
Alright guys...I did it! First day with it & still setting everything us but so far it's pretty freaking awesome! I really appreciate all the insight guys. Looking forward to KK on this thing!

I upgraded to Note 3 on 2/28 from Razr Maxx. I am glad I made the switch.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Welcome to the club!!!

sent from my hot Note3

OP
4shlr

4shlr

Reaction score
By guys (& girls) the rep at Verizon let me go ahead and just trade in my old thunderbolt without having to activate it! so I was pretty stoked about that. I took that one & my wife's old iPhone 4 they told me I could trade either one. Good stuff

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
By guys (& girls) the rep at Verizon let me go ahead and just trade in my old thunderbolt without having to activate it!  so I was pretty stoked about that. I took that one & my wife's old iPhone 4 they told me I could trade either one. Good stuff

Haha! Good to hear!

Reaction score
I got my Note 3 back in November on the 23rd. I was using a friend's Droid X on my line because I sold my iPhone 4S and I did the Edge program and they took a Droid 2 that wasn't even on my account as the trade in. I love this phone so much and had to get an Otterbox Defender on it right away because of work. The battery has been by far the most impressive and dependable I have ever had. The only complaint is I have had some issues with some of my pictures end up having a grey or brown section blocking half of the pictures. I spent hours with Samsung online trying to figure it out and no solution. Couldn't find out what the problem is still. They had me master reset my phone and it didnt fix the pictures messed up. My only other complaint is no Kitkat release date in sight.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Bionic, just out of curiosity have you tried a third person camera app? When taking the picture you can see the whole thing right? It's only after the picture was taken?

OP
4shlr

4shlr

Reaction score
I agree predator, I'm very anxious for KK. I was running KK on my HD Maxx before so I know how much I like it! Hurry up VZW!

Sent from my stupid iPad using Tapatalk

OP
4shlr

4shlr

Reaction score
Not sad at all!! New phone day is better than Xmas, especially for us grown ups.

And trust me, the very last thing you'll have to worry about with the N3 is battery. Yesterday when I went to bed I had 19 hours unplugged with 2 hours screen time and was at 71%. Amazing!!

That's ridiculous battery life there! What apps did you turn off?

Sent from my stupid iPad using Tapatalk

wilyums

Reaction score
I got my Note 3 back in November on the 23rd. I was using a friend's Droid X on my line because I sold my iPhone 4S and I did the Edge program and they took a Droid 2 that wasn't even on my account as the trade in. I love this phone so much and had to get an Otterbox Defender on it right away because of work. The battery has been by far the most impressive and dependable I have ever had. The only complaint is I have had some issues with some of my pictures end up having a grey or brown section blocking half of the pictures. I spent hours with Samsung online trying to figure it out and no solution. Couldn't find out what the problem is still. They had me master reset my phone and it didnt fix the pictures messed up. My only other complaint is no Kitkat release date in sight.

Did this happen with the OtterBox on or off? I've had some cases that would cause this, because of a glare that it left on the lens. They would sometimes also mess up the proximity sensor. If you haven't already tried without the OtterBox, do so and let us know how it works. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Bionic, just out of curiosity have you tried a third person camera app? When taking the picture you can see the whole thing right? It's only after the picture was taken?

I have never used any other camera apps except for Instagram

Reaction score
I have always had to have the Otterbox on because my hands get so dry and the phone would slip out of my hand. I haven't seen this issue since I reset my phone. I'm just wondering what caused it because you can see the whole picture as a thumbnail before selecting the picture to view larger then it has that weird defect.

coolicool

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
i use iphone 5,inew v3 and blackberry 9930, i think note 3 is enough for me but the price is a little higher now.