Updating Ultimate Droid

ShadesBU

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm sorry in advance for the barrage of potentially stupid questions, but I'd rather be careful and not brick my phone.

I'm currently running Ultimate Droid 7.8, I assume that at some point I'll want to update that. How do I go about doing that? Is it as simple as restoring my pre-UD 7.8 nandroid backup? If someone could walk me through the steps here, I'd really appreciate it.

Along those lines, I've noticed some complaints about UD v10. Have many of those been resolved and if not, what would be the most stable version to use?

Thanks

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
U should give new era a try. I think its blackdroids best. And all u have to do is make a nandroid backup to be safe and then install the update.zip. maybe do a data wipe, not sure if its needed tho

Thach

Reaction score
U should give new era a try. I think its blackdroids best. And all u have to do is make a nandroid backup to be safe and then install the update.zip. maybe do a data wipe, not sure if its needed tho

I have to agree with you on this one. UD New Era is amazing and has a lot of little additions that are great. You can go to his site to read all the details if you have not done so yet.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
UD is top notch

UD New Era Nextheme is by far the best setup out now....