Updated youtube app won't install

Pierresplace

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG
I bought a Chromecast for $20 and they're unloading Chromecast devices all over the place for $20. Now I have a lot of trouble with it on my Android tablet and I decide let me do a factory reset on the tablet. Now I go ahead and I go to download YouTube and I'm having problems installing it. I eventually get to install a scaled down factory version which is missing the cast screen command. Chromecast support was zero help. I am also finding significant changes in the structure and function of the other apps that I have been replacing. In addition to chromecast.com / setup app function differently every time I ran it and sometimes not functioning at all. I have a feeling Google and you tubr are doing a roll out that they have not completed yet and they having problems. Time will tell in the meantime I returned the Chromecast. Too much aggravation just to look at something on a bigger screen.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I bought a Chromecast for $20 and they're unloading Chromecast devices all over the place for $20. Now I have a lot of trouble with it on my Android tablet and I decide let me do a factory reset on the tablet. Now I go ahead and I go to download YouTube and I'm having problems installing it. I eventually get to install a scaled down factory version which is missing the cast screen command. Chromecast support was zero help. I am also finding significant changes in the structure and function of the other apps that I have been replacing. In addition to chromecast.com / setup app function differently every time I ran it and sometimes not functioning at all. I have a feeling Google and you tubr are doing a roll out that they have not completed yet and they having problems. Time will tell in the meantime I returned the Chromecast. Too much aggravation just to look at something on a bigger screen.
Welcome to the Forum. Do you have the Home app installed on your tablet? Chromecast functionality was baked into the Home app a while back. What make & model of tablet are you using?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pierresplace

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG
Welcome to the Forum. Do you have the Home app installed on your tablet? Chromecast functionality was baked into the Home app a while back. What make & model of tablet are you using?

When you go to chromecast.com / setup it takes you to the Google home app and then you follow that from there so the answer is yes. I spent about 10 hours in three different sessions and each time I ran the app it functioned differently. Just as an aside I have over 20 years experience in tech support help desk and troubleshooting and supporting investment banks on Wall Street in New York City. Chromecast is supposed to be a Plug and Play device. I spent an hour with Chromecast support who asked me after an hour if I still had my receipt because he felt that the device was defective. I now have my $21.30 back in my pocket.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear that. I have had nothing but good luck and a hassle free experience with mine. But some devices are defective, that's bound to happen. Please don't give up on the whole Chromecast idea just yet. I think a lot of users on this forum own one (or multiple) and they normally tend to work pretty hassle free.

Pierresplace

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG
Sorry to hear that. I have had nothing but good luck and a hassle free experience with mine. But some devices are defective, that's bound to happen. Please don't give up on the whole Chromecast idea just yet. I think a lot of users on this forum own one (or multiple) and they normally tend to work pretty hassle free.

With all the screens I own the last thing I need is another screen just because it's bigger. Thanks for the support.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What year and model tablet you have?

What Android version is the tablet on?

I ask because I know you are a tech guru, which we are glad to have you, but I'm curious if you are getting the latest version of the Google play store and play apps.

If you are using older versions you may not be getting the updated software needed. But if you are and you did a fdr then check again to make sure you on a later software version.

I ran into similar issues with my Chromecast and when I updated the Google home app and disconnected and reconnected to my home wifi that fixed my issue. Some times it is the simplest things that fix it. And being a tech person we tend at times to go all around in circles only to end up kicking ourselves when it was a simple fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

johnruin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung J7 Pro
hmm, thats weird that it worked fine in one rom and not the other. I'm using a different rom than the two you've used and the only thing i did differently is i deleted the file in /data/dalvik-cache that had 'Youtube' in its name. So i deleted that plus the apk in /system, then rebooted, then installed from market. Don't know if that makes any difference but i guess you could try?

Thanks for this!

Billy Beckham

Reaction score
As long as the mobile phone can be used, you may not have connected the VPN inside the mobile phone. In the Settings--More Network--VPN option, enter the password of the cloud-end VPN account to connect successfully, then open the software.