Updated Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean binaries added to AOSP

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Interesting!! Hopefully we see something pretty soon. I'm pretty happy with my Gnex on 4.0.4 but after getting JB on my Xoom I'm very curious to see how it performs on the GNex.

Carpetman

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would not have JB already if they want JB. There are so many JB Roms available that the only question should be " Which one". Then you can try as many as you like.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't understand why anyone would not have JB already if they want JB. There are so many JB Roms available that the only question should be " Which one". Then you can try as many as you like.
Some are afraid to root and ROM. To those who aren't tech-savvy it's a huge step. Even myself, who loves to mess around with devices, was afraid to root and ROM my OG Droid. Took the plunge and never looked back.

"What if I brick it and my new phone turns into an expensive paperweight?"
"What if I need to return it, my warranty is up and they won't accept it?"
"Will flashing hurt my phone in any way?"

Some of the thoughts that ran through my head. We were all noobs at one point:p

The advice I give to many, if you're comfortable rooting and ROMing then go for it. Otherwise don't or seek the help of someone who knows. And also, read, read, and....READ! Read the directions twice before starting the process. Look over each step twice to make sure you do everything right. No such thing as reading directions too many times. Read it as many times until you are comfortable and confident in your ability to get it done.

Last edited:

billyk

Reaction score
Like you guys, I rooted, ROM'd, and I'll never look back as well.
This is what the GNex is built for.

JB is AWESOME!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Man the first time I rooted and put a rom on my hands were all sweaty and my mouth was dry. It was like I was about to try skydiving or something! :D I messed something really simple up on my first try but my nandroid saved me. I read until I turned blue and watched every related vid on youtube before I took my first step. Once you dive in you are hooked tho!