Editor in Chief
- Dec 30, 2010
- Reaction score
- Austin, TX
We have added a video from Verizon showing off the Xperia Play: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for Verizon - From Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library
It looks like the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is finally coming to Verizon. It will be available for pre-order at Big Red on May 19th for $200 on two-year contract. It officially releases on May 26th. It comes with a host of games pre-installed: Madden NFL 11, Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior, Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, The Sims 3, Star Battalion, Crash Bandicoot, and Tetris. You can also purchase several Playstation One games through the Android Market and via Verizon’s V Cast App. Here's the press release below:
VERIZON WIRELESS AND SONY ERICSSON TAKE MOBILE GAMING TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH THE SONY ERICSSON XPERIA™ PLAY
The World’s First PlayStation® Certified Smartphone Combines PlayStation®-Quality Gaming Experience with the Latest Android Smartphone Technology
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Take conference calls, send emails and win football’s biggest game, all on one device. The Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY, for Verizon Wireless, redefines mobile gaming by combining all the features customers expect from a fully-featured smartphone with the ultimate gaming experience.
Powered by Android™ 2.3, Gingerbread, the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY will come pre-loaded with seven game titles, including Madden NFL 11 (EA Sports), Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior (Digital Legends), Asphalt 6: Adrenaline (Gameloft), The Sims 3 (EA), Star Battalion (Gameloft), Crash Bandicoot (Sony PlayStation) and Tetris. Customers can expand their video game library with more than 50 game titles available at launch for download via V CAST Apps. Customers easily become gamers with the slide out game pad revealing a directional keypad, dual analog touch joystick, two shoulder buttons and the four iconic PlayStation® symbol keys: circle, X, square and triangle.
· 1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® II processor with Adreno 205 GPU
· Adobe® Flash® Player
· 4-inch multi-touch display
· 5-megapixel rear-facing camera
· VGA front-facing camera for still shots and video chatting
· Support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™, and access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
· Mobile hotspot capability– share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
Pricing and Availability:
· The Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY will be available for pre-order online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless beginning May 19 and in stores on May 26 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access and an unlimited smartphone data plan is $29.99 for monthly access.
· The gaming experience can only get better as additional games are being created. Developers have the flexibility to focus on content and not worry about binary file sizes when submitting apps to V CAST Apps. Developers can visit Game Development for additional information about game development for the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY.