Update with root

Reaction score
I'm currently rooted, but still running a stock phone otherwise, and was wondering if I could take this update while staying rooted. If not, what should I do to be able to take the update?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Savagerun

Reaction score
People have taken the update while being rooted and have kept root by using voodoo rootkeeper which is in the market for free. And there also is a sbf for 621 but if you have to sbf while on 621 there is no way to reroot it for now. You also won't be able to use any of the older sbf's you'll be stuck on 621. So it's up to you whether you want to take the chance of ultimately being stuck on 621 with no root (until a root method is figured out). I for one will not take the update because i enjoy root and flashing custom roms.

OP
SynysterBurns91
Reaction score
Since I'm still running the stock rom, is it safe to assume I'd be ok if I took the update, and downloaded that app?

Savagerun

Reaction score
You would have to install voodoo rootkeeper first and run it then take the update to be able to remain rooted. But why would you even take the update because if for some reason you messed something up while rooted on 621 and needed to sbf 621 you wouldn't be able to reroot. Obviously it's your call but I'd think about it.