[UPDATE] New Kernels - Low Voltage + Medium Voltage - 3/25/2010

Bro Duran

Reaction score

primus454

Reaction score
Neither LV or MV 1.0ghz kernels worked for me. Told me my battery was dead, nothing would run, and the sd card wouldnt mount.

primus454

Reaction score
ROFL! No wonder they didnt work. I mistook the 3 in the date for an 8. It was late XD

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
when downloaded it should be a zip file, do not extract - place on root of sdcard, rename to update.zip, so that it is not in any other folders

Chevy, would there be any issues with installing the LV 1.25ghz Kernel listed above when i currently have the BB V.04 ROM clocked at 800mhz installed? Do i need to have that paid program "SetCPU" installed to set the minimum CPU speed and the max CPU speeds? Cuz i like the idea of the different profiles/different speeds, but i kinda don't have any money for the SetCPU program. (yes i know its not that pricey, but if you were in my shoes right now you would understand) What're my options and what do i need to know before doing this?

PS. I just tried to use drocap to get you a SS of my "about phone" section so you could see what i have and i keep getting an error saying "The application Superuser Permissions (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close] [Report] What does this mean? It does it when i try to use the Bugless beast toolkit too....

lee__D

Reaction score
when downloaded it should be a zip file, do not extract - place on root of sdcard, rename to update.zip, so that it is not in any other folders

Chevy, would there be any issues with installing the LV 1.25ghz Kernel listed above when i currently have the BB V.04 ROM clocked at 800mhz installed? Do i need to have that paid program "SetCPU" installed to set the minimum CPU speed and the max CPU speeds? Cuz i like the idea of the different profiles/different speeds, but i kinda don't have any money for the SetCPU program. (yes i know its not that pricey, but if you were in my shoes right now you would understand) What're my options and what do i need to know before doing this?

PS. I just tried to use drocap to get you a SS of my "about phone" section so you could see what i have and i keep getting an error saying "The application Superuser Permissions (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close] [Report] What does this mean? It does it when i try to use the Bugless beast toolkit too....

you're going to want the froyo kernels up in the sticky

as for the superuser thing...idk, you may wanna try to install a new/different version

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Can't do that... :(

you're going to want the froyo kernels up in the sticky

as for the superuser thing...idk, you may wanna try to install a new/different version

I'm already at 2.2, there's no newer version available yet for the ROM or for the OS. Pete hasn't released the BB V.05 version yet.
Here's what i have currently. Model Number: Droid
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g103d848
android-build@apa26 #1
Build Number: Bugless Beast V0.4

Ok i fixed the issue with Superuser Permissions. Check the app market and there was an update to the Superuser Permissions app to 2.3.5 so now i don't have that problem anymore. Still need help with the other question tho Chevy... You alive out there my friend? lol

Last edited:

Chocula78

Reaction score
Neither low or medium voltage 1 ghz worked on my D1. Got stuck in a boot loop to the M screen on the LV version and then just stuck on M screen for the MV version, no loop.

Had to run a restore. That really sucked. Guess I'm stuck with 800 mhz.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I just want to make sure, but u do know these kernels are over a year old? there are much newer ones located in the sticky threads...or were u trying the older ones for a specific reason, if so then I apologize.

Neither low or medium voltage 1 ghz worked on my D1. Got stuck in a boot loop to the M screen on the LV version and then just stuck on M screen for the MV version, no loop.

Had to run a restore. That really sucked. Guess I'm stuck with 800 mhz.