[UPDATE] New Kernels - Low Voltage + Medium Voltage - 3/25/2010

jtbnet

Reaction score
I just uploaded the ULV as well, here are the two I have so far:

Index of /froyokernels

I Loaded the LowV first as I ssometimes have issues with ULowV... Smooth as Silk!!! Quadrant score of 1410 @1.0/1.0! Tested switch from 3G to Wireless with Market and updates 4 apps via wireless in a flash... tested switch back to 3g and all is well... Test Camera via a quick pick of white page with black writing and clean and clear as a bell!

The only thing I'm missing I was hoping for was CPU Temp for Tempmon, but I can wait :)

THANX Chevy !

Great work as usual!!!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just uploaded the ULV as well, here are the two I have so far:

Index of /froyokernels

I Loaded the LowV first as I ssometimes have issues with ULowV... Smooth as Silk!!! Quadrant score of 1410 @1.0/1.0! Tested switch from 3G to Wireless with Market and updates 4 apps via wireless in a flash... tested switch back to 3g and all is well... Test Camera via a quick pick of white page with black writing and clean and clear as a bell!

The only thing I'm missing I was hoping for was CPU Temp for Tempmon, but I can wait :)

THANX Chevy !

Great work as usual!!!

Nice! I've been able to get the code for tempmon to compile ... but as soon as it loads up upon boot ... phone crashes. logcat shows nothing :(

jtbnet

Reaction score
Nice! I've been able to get the code for tempmon to compile ... but as soon as it loads up upon boot ... phone crashes. logcat shows nothing :(

Bummer, but THANX for trying as this is a 'HOT' topic on a number of boards today as flash is making many droids very warm to the touch... of course Battery temp threshold is a way lower than for CPU but typically if CPU is cool then only real heat from battery is charging temps...

marcogiudice

Reaction score
chevy can you please take away the 125 and add 400 into the slots again.. i dont ever use 125 and 400 is good for keeping the heat down when playing 3d games.. your beta kernel was perfect in numbers can we have those numbers again

marcogiudice

Reaction score
i just tried it with ud new era 1.45 and it went crzy and fc everything.. im guessing these kernels dont work with new era

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i just tried it with ud new era 1.45 and it went crzy and fc everything.. im guessing these kernels dont work with new era

Should work unless you're running a Froyo ROM - you also might have had an issue with the type of kernel, ie did you try both lv and mv?

marcogiudice

Reaction score

Should work unless you're running a Froyo ROM - you also might have had an issue with the type of kernel, ie did you try both lv and mv?
chevy, i always used with yours and p3's 1.2 lv and thats the one i tried and it bugged out.. i understand to try mv ir a lower kernel, but y isnt the 1.2 working like before?

wingsabr

Reaction score
Liked p3's kernel for speed and had no issues w/ FC (except for launcherpro, but that just got a an update so...) However, I am trying your kernels because the batt life on p3's wasn't what I thought it should be. Hope yours show improvement...will post updates later this weekend

TaliWacker

Reaction score
I rooted my phone. put the kernal in the root folder then installd. said complete exited out. What program do I use to set it up on the droid, im still running stock.

kclive

Reaction score
The links listed for the froyo kernels are dead. Is there any way of someone posting updated links or the froyo kernels?

Thank you.

Bro Duran

Reaction score
If I'm using ROM manager instead of SPRecovery, do I still have to rename it update.zip?
I read through 7 pages of post and did not see anything mentioned.