[UPDATE] HTC Runnymede with BEATS

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HTC-Runnymede2.jpg

HTC seems to be taking to heart the phrase “bigger is better” and it’s no better exemplified than in their upcoming 4.7-inch HTC Runnymede 2. Wait- 2? When was the first one released? In any case, we’ve recently posted some of the supposed specs but it seems now we’ve finally got it down in print, complete with a render of the device. Everything on this spec list screams “premium device” except for the dreaded single-core processor. I know, it’s dual-core or bust for a lot of you. So why the “lesser” processor? Well, maybe it has something to do with the bundling of that huge Beats Solo headset with the device... have to cut costs somewhere.

This device will most likely turn out to be the Android version of the recently announced Windows Phone 7 HTC Titan. The camera on this behemoth is also said to be right up there with the Mytouch 4G Slide (and HTC Holiday Raider). Anyone a smidgen interested in this device?

SOURCE: HTC Runnymede Unearthed with 4.7-inch Display [UPDATE] › AndroidGuys

Last edited by a moderator:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4.7" doesn't seems such a silly idea now that there is a rumored 5.3" Sammy in the works (and it actually looks pretty enticing). If I'm going going to pass on the Bionic/Prime and break out of the 4.3-4.5 inch subset of phones, I might as well go as big as is available (At 6'4", I think I could handle 5.3" phone). But knowing there is a bigger phone already, that this is single core, it's a "beats" phone, and that it only has 768 MB of ram, it definitely has a lot of strikes against it in my book. I do think this phone will do well with the general public because it should be available for less than top dollar, but you are still getting a massive screen and beats technology (something I imagine will grab a lot of people when they walk into their carrier's store with little to no phone research).

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Nice find Mal.... and I don't know why everyone thinks beats is going to be so bad. Dre doesn't put his name on just 'anything'. Having worked in the music industry for the past 20 years, I know he has many times refused to endorse products, so I'd say wait and see before we pass judgement.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At one point in my life I would have actually liked having a beats phone; back around the same time I was driving around in my first car with 2 Kicker 12s and a 1800W amp in the back, but I'm not that person any more. I have realized that tripling the output level of my low range doesn't do much for the mid and high range where the actual music is (for the most part). I'm actually using my HP laptop "with beats" right now and I have never really been impressed with it. It just seems like its one of those things where people think they are getting great audio because they are told they are getting great audio and because they know they paid for great audio. With all of that being said, we have yet to see it implemented on an HTC phone and the sound these create my blow our minds in which case I will gladly eat all of my words.

sb1831

Reaction score
LOL at $715 & $755 retail prices . Here comes $350 2 year contracts

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
And then there is that haha

NOT for me!!! no way in Hades I'm paying that much for a stinking phone ever. Think about it.... it's a damn phone... do ya need to spend 300 or even 400 on a phone!?? NO! no-one does. Already spend plenty every single month for the service for it.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
NOT for me!!! no way in Hades I'm paying that much for a stinking phone ever. Think about it.... it's a damn phone... do ya need to spend 300 or even 400 on a phone!?? NO! no-one does. Already spend plenty every single month for the service for it.

Well as long as others pay that for a phone, they will keep it at that price and maybe even increase it if they continue buying.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Well as long as others pay that for a phone, they will keep it at that price and maybe even increase it if they continue buying.

I agree. I wish more people understood this.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I agree. I wish more people understood this.

Yea. If they are selling then there is no reason as to why they would sell them for cheap to begin with.

sb1831

Reaction score
Yea. If they are selling then there is no reason as to why they would sell them for cheap to begin with.

People cry over anything over 199. But then again by the time it makes it to the states, it will have been out for months, and not on Verizon anyway so it will only cost 199 stateside at most.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Am i doing right by assuming this is a single-core 1.5ghz processor? Doesnt mention dual core anywhere