Update for Ubuntu killed Ubuntu

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I know this is a site for droid help but im having a problem with Ubuntu. Im completely new to Ubuntu and Linux in general. I duel booted my computer a couple months ago.
I updated my Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10 and everything went fine until Ubuntu told my computer to reboot. I got what I think is called a splash screen and my computer froze( I waited about 15 minutes) I then flipped the power switch on the back. When I turned it on all seemed normal windows was there to pick and so was Ubuntu. Windows booted up just fine and normal but when i try to go into Ubuntu instead of letting me pick how I go into it (example: safe mode generic 12.345.21 kernel It looked similar to this ) It just shows a couple of lines of text in the top left corner that say file cannot be found. My computer then reboots. Can any Linux users help me?

kdmhongshi

Reaction score
I'd highly recommend reinstalling Ubuntu. I just recently tossed it on my netbook and it's been running great.

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I'd highly recommend reinstalling Ubuntu. I just recently tossed it on my netbook and it's been running great.

I would probably fail at that to. I installed Ubuntu threw a windows installer and have no idea how to work with partitions on a computer.
This is also my families main computer so I cant screw it up.

Edit: so I read online that if you use the windows installer you can't update without problems. I saw a fix online for my problem but I lack the knowledge on how to fix it since I'm brand new. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9996477

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I just noticed this error flashed right before it reboots
(hd0,0): NTFS5: No wubildr
(hd0,1): NTFS5
Error file not found
Error file not found