Upcoming Verizon Promotions?

ashkev843

Reaction score
Does anyone know if VZW has any upcoming promotions on the Droid? I have one and now the wife wants one too. Our upgrade is on the 28th. But I would hate to pay $199 then and have them run a new promotion at lower price 4 days later. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of anything?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if VZW has any upcoming promotions on the Droid? I have one and now the wife wants one too. Our upgrade is on the 28th. But I would hate to pay $199 then and have them run a new promotion at lower price 4 days later. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of anything?

Even if you do pay thee $199. If it goes on sale. VZW will refund the difference with in 30 days. So you have some protection. I haven't seen or been told anything that's coming. Though you may see the eris get a special or just might see the passion get released anytime :)

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I doubt it. This phone is selling very well so I don't see them reducing the price anytime soon. You'll only be able to get a deal on the Eris.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Storm came out in November 2008, and by early January after the Christmas holiday season was over, there was a 2 for 1 on the Storm and the price started dropping. As Miami also pointed out, if the price drops within 30 days of purchase, they will honor it, as long as you are dealing with a Corporate VZW store or CS. Places like Wirefly, Best Buy, etc. have their own sales and promotions and will not be matched by a VZW corporate location. Also remember to read the fine print outside of a corporate VZW store too....you might be amazed at what you read. The T&C are different, especially Wirefly.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Vulcan I referenced this in multiple threads...the difference being the Storm was all hype and very little to back up the pre-release hype. Sales also began to flounder. There is a big difference in the release, reality and actuality of the Storm and then compared with the Droid. Blackberry/RIM has had these deals on all Blackberry phones for a about a year now and on all carriers.

modified

Reaction score
Is the passion going to be better than the Droid? Thoughts?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is the passion going to be better than the Droid? Thoughts?

It's not going to be on Big Red, So No it's not going to be better....