unrooting droid 2. need to trade it into verizon

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm having issues with my power button unlocking, locking and turning on and off the phone. So I want to take it to verizon today or tomorrow to see if they'll let me get a refurb or somethin cuz this is extremely annoying lol.

So basically how to I get my rooted D2 back to "out of the box" status so they'll never know I messed with anything.

The problem is in-fact a hardware problem NOT a software problem. I did a factory reset and everything to no avail.

Any help would be great

Reaction score
I have the same issue with mine sometimes...and sometimes it just wakes up after a long pause. I have a D2 with lots of apps which i figured was the issue but I haven't tried a factory reset or anything. Sometimes I get frustrated with trying to wake it up and pull the battery and reboot! I never rooted mine so cant help you there but if they replace yours for this reason I might try to get mine replaced.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
I have the same issue with mine sometimes...and sometimes it just wakes up after a long pause. I have a D2 with lots of apps which i figured was the issue but I haven't tried a factory reset or anything. Sometimes I get frustrated with trying to wake it up and pull the battery and reboot! I never rooted mine so cant help you there but if they replace yours for this reason I might try to get mine replaced.

Yea my power button doesn't work... at all lol... can't lock it unlock it and when I yank the battery I have to go through this stupid sequence to start the phone up again since holding the power button doesn't do it

blaconic

Reaction score
A lot of people actually have the same problem, I was just reading one of the threads about it. Apparently they are warranting replacements for this problem. I'm rooted too and was just going to sbf back to stock once I get annoyed enough.

blaconic

Reaction score
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Here is the quote from another thread.

Follow this guide to return back to stock. You will need the up-to-date moto drivers and rsd lite 4.8 or newer.

It is the sbf file half way down the page.

Download all the files to your computer, and run rsd to flash back. It takes about 5-15 minutes.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Awesome that's exactly what I was looking for. I knew it was somewhere but couldn't remember where lol.

Thanks a bunch. Hopefully they'll gimme a refurb or something lol