Unrooted Droid Boot Looping, Help Please

Keena

Reaction score
Hi, here's a little bit of background, OG Droid is unrooted; for a couple of months I've been getting "Low Internal Memory" and "Text Memory Full" notifications, so I usually delete some apps, backup my texts to the SD Card before deleting them from my phone, and clean my browser history. This usually works fine for a while. The phone is kinda slow but I make due, I'm (relatively) patient for a smartphone user and try not to put any extra apps on I don't think it can handle. When I used the browser, the phone would get pretty hot in that compartment area next to the camera that says "With Google", not to mention the temperature of the battery. Sometimes the phone freezes and resets itself, I don't panic but I assume it's overworked and I leave it to cool.

Today I was using the browser and the phone did freeze, and it did reset, but it kept resetting in that boot loop. It boot loops whether or not it's charging, whether or not the SD Card is in; and I cannot get to Safe Mode-- I'm starting to wonder if I was even pushing the right buttons to boot in Safe Mode. I can get to the Recovery Screen after the yellow triangle, but I don't know what any of the menu options mean, aside from factory reset, which I'd like to do as a last resort since I haven't backed up last months texts.

What do these menu options mean, and should I use them? In the meantime, I'm taking the battery and SD Card out of the phone and leave it all to rest overnight and get themselves together, if possible.

Thank you in advance <3

OP
K

Keena

Reaction score
UPDATE: Okay so I wiped the cache partition thing, no change...

Reaction score
Keena said:
UPDATE: Okay so I wiped the cache partition thing, no change...

Factory Reset...Turn off your phone. Pull out your SD card and do not put it back in until the reset is done.

Now...you go into recovery mode like you did for the cache wipe only this time you want to pick the "wipe data/factory reset" option. When it is done. It will be like you just got the phone and you will have to set everything back up. Before you do...Power down the phone and put your SD card back in and power it up again. Then you want to login with your gmail account again. You may or may not have to reactivate the phone. If you do...no biggie. You can just call *228 and press 1 or you can call Verizon or go to a Verizon store and have them do it. Next I would go into your settings and all the way down to about phone and check for any updates just in case you might have missed any. If you do have one then I would install that now. If not then now you are ready to reinstall your apps. Go into Google Play and hit the menu button and hit my apps. Once it shows the installed apps you want to swipe left to all apps. That is a list of all the apps ever installed from this Google account. So from here you can start reinstalling your apps.