Unrooted and happy and wondering what I'm missing

badonkadonk

Reaction score
I am insanely happy with my Fascinate. I have Launcher pro, haven't rooted. Have super fast GPS, no problems w/ anything really. I am a bit scared of rooting but everyone here seems to do it, wondering what I'm missing? Is the process reversible? I know its a dumb question since I'm already happy w/ my phone but you guys have me wondering if I'm clueless and should take the jump.

audioman42

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, rooting lets you:
1. Tether your computer
2. Take snapshots
3. Underclock to save juice

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the fascinate. I do know there are some apps that you can get hold of rooted that don't work on stock apps. Theirs a one tap cache cleaner that cleans all your apps cache with just one touch. Other apps that you can use like root explorer that gives you greater freedom over the apps you keep.

And of courses I would br remiss if I didn't mention that rooting voids your warranty. I also would be remiss if I didn't tell you tha the chances of getting caught are almost impossible.

musicman

Reaction score
For me the nicest thing is just getting to customize my phone more. If you are perfectly happy with everything about your phone than you probably wouldnt be interested. However, if you like to tinker and enjoy customizing your phone in every way you might enjoy it. Also, it is reversable and the act of rooting in itself doesn't do anything except giving you the ability to change almost everything on your phone. I how that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TomSr

Reaction score
Have you seen all the posts on this forum from users who are having problems with rooted phones?

I think it is great to be able to root, but if you are as happy with your stock phone as you say, then stay stock.

OP
B

badonkadonk

Reaction score
I actually tether w/ Easytether and take screenshots w/ Shootme. I guess its all about speed... I have it customized as far as I really NEED or even want to at this point. I guess I'll just leave it as is!