Unroot help please!

TennesseeChickadee

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out please? I need to unroot my verizon galaxy s3 and reset my flash counter. I'm having some trouble finding instructions that are specific to my phone and carrier. All of the guides that I have seen are done using odin. The only thing is, when I initially rooted my phone, I definitely did not use odin to do it. Is that going to be a problem for me?

thank you all in advance!!!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Odin is the option you need here! Go to sammobile.com and register and download the file ending in MB1. Flash using those instructions. I recomend twice in a row as well. And perform a factory restore. The counter i am unsure how to fix. Good luck! ;)

OP
T

TennesseeChickadee

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. Followed your instructions and everything went well! Got my replacement phone and now will be rerooting!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Sorry for the late response. Followed your instructions and everything went well! Got my replacement phone and now will be rerooting!

Would you mind commenting on the reset procedure post?? That way people will feel more confident using it! ;)

OP
T

TennesseeChickadee

Reaction score
Sure! NP! I actually ended up using the specific directions here ([GUIDE] Unbrick / Restore Your Galaxy S3 back to 100% Stock)

One thing that I was a little worried about and couldn't find any relevant posts discussing it was the fact that my phone had an unlocked bootloader. To anyone with this concern, I used these instruction and kept my bootloader UNLOCKED and had no problems. Just follow the instructions exactly and it will be a pretty painless process. One thing to note as well is that the root counter does not need to be used by everyone that has rooted their phone. I'm really a rooting amateur and didn't really know about root counters. I downloaded the app, however, and checked my phone's root counter. It was 0. I used it anyway (the instructions say not to as this will actually move your counter to 1). After using the root counter my flash count was still at 0. It's been a few weeks since I received my replacement phone and Verizon has not complained. Let me know if anyone has questions!