Unread Email Count for Gmail Labels

bradleonard

Reaction score
I would like to see an app that function very similar to the Firefox Add-On - "Gmail Manager." This add-on puts an icon in the status bar in firefox showing the unread count for multiple gmail accounts and total number of unread email. This app could be a desktop widget, a status bar widget or any other creative method you come up with to show the total amount of unread email in a gmail account. There are great widgets that show the unread count for the inbox, but all completely ignore mail that has been archived in order to move it the mail to a label.

Someone, please come up with an app that recognizes labels and handles multiple gmail accounts on one phone.

Thanks

OP
B

bradleonard

Reaction score
Is this not an important issue to any other Gmail users? I see complaints like this on other forums, but I have yet to see an app come out that can do this.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like to see an app that function very similar to the Firefox Add-On - "Gmail Manager." This add-on puts an icon in the status bar in firefox showing the unread count for multiple gmail accounts and total number of unread email. This app could be a desktop widget, a status bar widget or any other creative method you come up with to show the total amount of unread email in a gmail account. There are great widgets that show the unread count for the inbox, but all completely ignore mail that has been archived in order to move it the mail to a label.

Someone, please come up with an app that recognizes labels and handles multiple gmail accounts on one phone.

Thanks
I use Gmail Unread Count v1.2.2 Application for Android | Communication, and it works really well for me.

Add it as a widget, and if you have email it will display a little number on the icon letting you know how many unread emails you have.

OP
B

bradleonard

Reaction score
I also use the app that you mentioned, it works OK, but it still COMPLETELY ignores new messages in labels.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I see what you are wanting to do now. I don't use labels that much so I am not sure if there is some feature there or not for it. Sorry