unknown number figure-outter thing..

KCdroidMO

Reaction score
sorry i didn't know what else to title this thread...

someone keeps calling my phone with a *69 so it always brings up "unknown" on the call id. is there any app to getting around this and having it show the number instead of saying unknown? id really like to return the favor and blast their number all over the internet and let nature take its course :) revenge is too sweet.
I wasn't sure if there was an app for this or another way around it.

i dont really want to change my number but this is getting rediculous.

xxfire

Reaction score
sorry i didn't know what else to title this thread...

someone keeps calling my phone with a *69 so it always brings up "unknown" on the call id. is there any app to getting around this and having it show the number instead of saying unknown? id really like to return the favor and blast their number all over the internet and let nature take its course :) revenge is too sweet.
I wasn't sure if there was an app for this or another way around it.

i dont really want to change my number but this is getting rediculous.

Just wait, someone will call their phone after you and *69 won't work anymore.

OP
K

KCdroidMO

Reaction score
my mistake, its *67. I havn't used the codes since I was....um... 14?!!!! Damn punk kids, id love to ***** slap them through the phone!

ldimick

Reaction score
my mistake, its *67. I havn't used the codes since I was....um... 14?!!!! Damn punk kids, id love to ***** slap them through the phone!

Well, I know one time I had that problem. I just set my phone to call forward to our local Police non-emergency number and after one call the problem ceased.

(This is hypothetical and should in no ways be interpreted as anything I did last night)

Another time the kid messed up and I got his phone number. So I created a one time email account. Then went to Craigslist and created the following ad:

My Dad is making me have to sell my brand new iPhone 3GS. I got caught sexting in school. First $150 takes it. Call AFTER 10:00 PM. ###-###-####

No problems at all today.

OP
K

KCdroidMO

Reaction score
haha that would be hilarious, however i doubt i'll be that lucky for her to screw up. is there a way to make just "unknown" calls forwarded to such a number?

coolkidd

Reaction score
My Dad is making me have to sell my brand new iPhone 3GS. I got caught sexting in school. First $150 takes it. Call AFTER 10:00 PM. ###-###-####

Classic! Did this to my friend and he actually has to get a new number!:icon_ banana:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Classic! Did this to my friend and he actually has to get a new number!:icon_ banana:

What do you do to your enemies? :icon_ devil:

ldimick

Reaction score
haha that would be hilarious, however i doubt i'll be that lucky for her to screw up. is there a way to make just "unknown" calls forwarded to such a number?

The easiest way to do that is to change your voice mail to: "Thank you for calling the WHEREVER YOU ARE police department. If this is an emergency please hang up and call 911. Otherwise please stay on the line and an officer will answer your call immediately."

Then be sure to ignore all of the PRIVATE NUMBER calls.

Serious mode <ON>
I think there is a way to enter a code to block all non-ID'd numbers. I know there is on a land line.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

The easiest way to do that is to change your voice mail to: "Thank you for calling the WHEREVER YOU ARE police department. If this is an emergency please hang up and call 911. Otherwise please stay on the line and an officer will answer your call immediately."

Serious mode <ON>
I think there is a way to enter a code to block all non-ID'd numbers. I know there is on a land line.

How to Block Unwanted Calls Through Verizon Wireless | eHow.com

ldimick

Reaction score

Serious mode <ON>

That only works if you have the number and have no imagination ;-)

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Then be sure to ignore all of the PRIVATE NUMBER calls. :)

Serious mode <ON>

That only works if you have the number and have no imagination

Then try tCallBlocking from the market....

ldimick

Reaction score
Google this:

verizon Anonymous Call Rejection

or verizonwireless Anonymous Call rejection since this is what you really want to do.

ldimick

Reaction score
The option I would take at this point is to find the thread on here about the Verizon tech being online and ask him.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb