Uninstaller

JonDroidX

Reaction score
Hey all. Was just wondering if there is any difference using an app like Uninstaller vs uninstalling via market vs dragging to trash can. Anyone happen to know if there is a difference? I know some apps/games create their own folders when installed and want to know the fastest way to delete the entire program

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Was just wondering if there is any difference using an app like Uninstaller vs uninstalling via market vs dragging to trash can. Anyone happen to know if there is a difference? I know some apps/games create their own folders when installed and want to know the fastest way to delete the entire program

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I never heard of uninstaller. There are two ways to uninstall an app. One is through the Market as you mentioned, and the other is to use your Applications Manager is your settings. I generally use Applications Manager but really it doesn't make a difference.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dragging to the trash can doesn't uninstall anything - it just removes the shortcut, and a Uninstaller Application is basically a shortcut/compressed version of something that Android already has built in - IMO it is not needed

harrellj

Reaction score
Dragging to the trash can doesn't uninstall anything - it just removes the shortcut, and a Uninstaller Application is basically a shortcut/compressed version of something that Android already has built in - IMO it is not needed

However, LauncherPro allows you to drag to trashcan and if you hold over it, you'll get the option to uninstall the app. This is the same as if you went into settings > manage applications and uninstalled that way.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro does have that option - I use it the most because of ease of access

txter

Reaction score
You can get the app called App Brain. It will show all of the apps on your phone and give the option to uninstall them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App