Uninstall Sholes Mod?

SideshowTony

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Sholes Mod from my droid? Pretty much everything including launcher force closes constantly, it seems to be getting slower, and I cant update via the sm updater because it tells me ERROR cannot connect to the website. I tried to see if theres an update for Sholes mod on the android market and i couldnt even find the sm updater anywhere in the market including on my downloads list. If anyone can tell me how to fix my sholes mod please do, If not can someone tell me how to take it off?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep Tony, SholesMod Updater no longer exists. Nor does the SholesMod team.

The app is called DroidMod Updater, and the team is now called the DroidDev team. SholesMod Updater is no longer in the Market, and the new DroidMod Updater is not in the Market *yet*, but will be soon.

As for now head to the website in my signature, or the one CorinaCakes provided you, and install the DroidMod Updater app from their site's home page. And currently, they only have 1 ROM available at the moment, DroidMod 1.0, but they have said they are currently working hard on DroidMod 1.1

Welcome to the forum :)

MotoDroid

Reaction score
Tony, just an FYI......I am running droidmod 1.0 and have not had any issues. It seems real stable and works very nice.

Reaction score
I dont know if you meant un-root the phone but i found this video to be helpful. if you simply are having probs with your phone try above methods and install DroidMod 1.0 but if rooting isnt your thing this should be what you are looking for.

[video=youtube;AEj_grcVK24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEj_grcVK24"]YouTube - Motorola Droid - How to UNROOT your device - The EASY way![/video]

G'luck

Edit: sry if i wasnt supposed to imbed the video like this but i just copy pasted for YouTube. all credit goes to man in the vid.

OP
S

SideshowTony

Reaction score
Thanks a lot you are all incredibly helpful. I'm putting Droid mod on right now. Went really smoothly. Thanks so much.