uninstall fission rom

Jeffykite

Reaction score
how do i go back to the stock D2G rom?
i installed fission, and i realized i like the stock one better. i made a back up when i installed fission, but i have no idea how to do it.

anyone know how?

Ryan m

Reaction score
Go to the same place you made the backup and do restore

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

Jeffykite

Reaction score
i'm sorry, i don't quite understand what you mean.
would you be willing to go in to more detail? i'm not sure where i put the back up, or how to recover it, i just know that i did make a back up when fission installed.

D

dankarlinski

boot into recovery after using the bootstrap.

go to backup/restore

hit restore

select the stock image.

you will be back to stock, but still have root, SU, Term. Emulator

to remove those, unroot using Z4 and then delete Z4. once you do that, your phone will be back to true stock.

OP
J

Jeffykite

Reaction score
awesome, thank you very much.

i'm sure i'll go back to a custom rom within the next few months, but i am just too lazy to figure everything out right now. :p

leobg

Reaction score
do you mind if I ask you what was you didn't like in Fission?

kingwaffle

Reaction score
I'll chime in on the above question. I too didn't care for Fission. It was fast, however, I prefer the Blur dialer and I also noticed that my GPS simply didn't work with the Fission ROM.

Reaction score
I'll chime in on the above question. I too didn't care for Fission. It was fast, however, I prefer the Blur dialer and I also noticed that my GPS simply didn't work with the Fission ROM.

I had the same problem, and flashed back to a stock SBF this morning. Just for anyone who finds this in the future, though: The ROM comes with GPS disabled. You have to go turn it on in the settings, AND clear your maps cache, and then (I'm told) the GPS works wonderfully.

D

dankarlinski

i never have had a GPS problem with fission. ive ran it on 3 D2 devices and a DX

Reaction score
i never have had a GPS problem with fission. ive ran it on 3 D2 devices and a DX

Mine's a D2G... The most recent addition to the Fission ROM, and therefore, the buggiest. Despite being only marginally different hardware wise, I find that MANY things that work on D2s are just sliiiiiiiiiightly off on a D2G.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I'm running Fission on a D2G. Maps, Navigation everything that uses geolocation worked for me right off the bat. Then again when I installed the ROM I wiped the data and cache on my phone per the instructions on Team Defused's website.

Reaction score
I'm running Fission on a D2G. Maps, Navigation everything that uses geolocation worked for me right off the bat. Then again when I installed the ROM I wiped the data and cache on my phone per the instructions on Team Defused's website.

Right. And it worked for you, but not for me... That's what bugs are.

draexo

Reaction score

Too many complaints across too many forums about the only ROM that works for the D2 Global (Fission). I am sticking with stock, though I have rooted.

Reaction score

Too many complaints across too many forums about the only ROM that works for the D2 Global (Fission). I am sticking with stock, though I have rooted.

To be fair to Fission, I reinstalled it, and it worked fine. I'm actually flashing my phone again right now (third time), because I feel like it... I know, I'm a geek.

draexo

Reaction score

To be fair to Fission, I reinstalled it, and it worked fine. I'm actually flashing my phone again right now (third time), because I feel like it... I know, I'm a geek.

Seriously? Why? Just because or are you having issues?