Unable to Send Live Mail from Droid

PixelPlex

Reaction score
I just purchased an Eris Droid phone from Verizon. I set up my @live.com email address using the built in mail application. All I had to do was enter my email address and password and it seemed like it was working great. I soon had an inbox full of my emails. Problem is, I can't send mail. I checked the SMTP settings and they are all correct (login required, username:<my email>@live.com, password is correct, smtp.live.com, TLS security, port 587) When I press "next" it verifies the settings fine. When I changed options it would not verify, so I know it is talking to the server. But, whenever I try to send mail I get an "unable to send mail" notification "The account setting is incorrect". I am at my wits end. What is going on? Does someone at hotmail need to fix my account? I am a Plus subscriber and sending mail worked fine when I had a blackberry.

JayMonster

Reaction score
First thing is first, while you certainly do not have to do this, I recommend you check out K-9 Mail. It is far more robust and stable than the built in mail client.

That being said... Do you have "Use Secure Connection" and "Requires Login" information for your outbound connection?

OP
P

PixelPlex

Reaction score
Yes. The settings are configured correctly. I think Microsoft is blocking SMTP mail from droids or something stupid.

OP
P

PixelPlex

Reaction score
It is the default account.

Funny thing is I imported my live mail account into my Gmail acount and can send live mail from there just fine. But the Gmail account doesn't seem to receive my live mail in a timely manner.

So, I am using one app to receive my live mail (Mail) and another to send it (GMail) with a major problem being that I can't reply to mails, since they don't arrive in my GMail inbox and I can't send from Mail.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Issue must be elsewhere, I just sent from my live account to my own domain, no issues. Try deleting and recreating the account.

OP
P

PixelPlex

Reaction score
What do you mean "deleting and recreating" the account? On the droid? I've done that like 10 times already.

chaganty

Reaction score
I had the same problem. All I did was shut the power down the phone
completely and turn it back on. It worked. Make sure you uncheck
"use secure connection" if such an option is available under
the outgoing server.

I just purchased an Eris Droid phone from Verizon. I set up my @live.com email address using the built in mail application. All I had to do was enter my email address and password and it seemed like it was working great. I soon had an inbox full of my emails. Problem is, I can't send mail. I checked the SMTP settings and they are all correct (login required, username:<my email>@live.com, password is correct, smtp.live.com, TLS security, port 587) When I press "next" it verifies the settings fine. When I changed options it would not verify, so I know it is talking to the server. But, whenever I try to send mail I get an "unable to send mail" notification "The account setting is incorrect". I am at my wits end. What is going on? Does someone at hotmail need to fix my account? I am a Plus subscriber and sending mail worked fine when I had a blackberry.

upsjopop

Reaction score
Just curious, are you on wifi when you attempt this? I know with my wifi turned on Yahoo mail will not work.