Unable to Liberty file

clarkstrange

Reaction score
My phone keeps saying download unsuccessful when I try to download the liberty rom file. I'm using the file on this forum after searching google "Liberty rom 1.5". Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

pkbest

Reaction score
My phone keeps saying download unsuccessful when I try to download the liberty rom file. I'm using the file on this forum after searching google "Liberty rom 1.5". Any suggestions?

Sounds like the error: Your phone cannot download that kind of attachment/ blah blah blah .. its a download unsuccessful error, dont know the error by heart but anyway....
For some reason, the stock browser hates downloading roms or zip files for that matter. I downloaded Dolphin Browser HD, and was able to download the themes, roms, updates, etc. all through it just fine :).

Hope this helps?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Are you using astro file manager? If so open astro and go into settings. There you have to enable web downloads. Once you do you'll be able to download it.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
The dolphin browser worked nicely. Thank y'all for the help. I hope the install goes smoothly. Lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Depends on how you're installing it...?

DroidForums Junkie!!

pkbest

Reaction score
The dolphin browser worked nicely. Thank y'all for the help. I hope the install goes smoothly. Lol

Glad to help... its a nice browser. I changed the theme to something less ugly though.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I installed liberty rom. That was super easy. But now I only have 3 contacts. Lol. Where can I get my old contacts from?

pkbest

Reaction score
Did you back them up to your gmail? sometimes it takes a few minutes for contacts and apps that were backed up to gmail to restore. If you are like me, I back up my contacts to gmail AND i export them to my sdcard. You can do this by going to your contacts. Hitting the settings button (far left) you will see an option for import/export. Export to save the contacts file to sdcard, import to bring them into the phone :) hope this helps bro.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I didn't sync them with gmail. I just restored back to stock, exported, and now im trying to figure out if I can just use my backed up liberty or do I need to reinstall it completely?