UIDs on the system are inconsistent

dbeast420

Reaction score
Ever since an OTA update Sunday night,I've been having enough problems to make me want to use my Inc as a paperweight. I keep getting this message....

"UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable."

The first time I clicked on I'm feeling lucky was the start of my problems. Is there a "quickfix" for this problem or do I need to factory restore and have my carrier reactivate it for me?

garrettpen

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem Verizon confirmed it was an update they pushed out that is causing this and they are sending me a new phone. Is there a way to flash it back to the previous software version in the mean time?

schappie

Reaction score
:icon_evil: having same issue.. and im far from tech savy.. How can I fix this issue?

chickaholic

Reaction score
Not Feeling So Lucky!
This happened Sat. 10/13 on my phone too and I'm seeing user posts on this on the Verizon website support page (no solutions posted). My HTC DINC (ADR6300, running 2.3.4) self booted, locked momentarily on the red eye and dots and then to locked homescreen. An error msg then appeared: UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe the data partition on your phone or your device will become unstable. There is a white selection box below this that reads: I'm Feeling Lucky. Well, I did NOT click on that selection. I pulled the battery but when rebooting, the same thing happened. I cannot get past this screen.
I will contact VZW. Would love to get a new phone out of this like Garrettpen but I'd really just like to get this one working!

chickaholic

Reaction score
VZW tech support says - factory reset is the only solution :(.

Tech said this is a known issue and does not know why it appeared this weekend for so many. Good news is that it is not a bug, just a bad programming function on the older phones. Factory reset has my phone working but bye-bye recent pictures, Angry Birds 3 star on all levels (gone through that 3 times now), and most recent contacts. Oh well, I'll download my apps and set my phone up the way I like it. Just a days worth of fussy work. Waiting for the S3 to drop in price and I won't have to worry about this old DINC anymore. I plan to root it and have some fun with it when I have a new phone in hand.