UD 3.0 Theme Chooser

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how this works - I see the two preinstalled themes (system) and (androidian) but how do I add more, if I was to make my own where do I put the files to be able to access them -

I just pulled the framework-res.apk and themed it the old fashioned way but it would be nice to implement this feature - also does anyone know where the WiFi - 3G - and - Signal Icons are pulled from...I didn't find them in the drawable-hdpi folder and I can see they get themed with the theme chooser app (but doesn't stick) - if this has been answered somewhere else let me know and I will get a Mod to delete this thread :tongue:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how this works - I see the two preinstalled themes (system) and (androidian) but how do I add more, if I was to make my own where do I put the files to be able to access them -

I just pulled the framework-res.apk and themed it the old fashioned way but it would be nice to implement this feature - also does anyone know where the WiFi - 3G - and - Signal Icons are pulled from...I didn't find them in the drawable-hdpi folder and I can see they get themed with the theme chooser app (but doesn't stick) - if this has been answered somewhere else let me know and I will get a Mod to delete this thread :tongue:

so pulling the framework-res does work? i thought i read that people were having issues theming GB, because it wouldnt stick...can you confirm that it actually works by flashing a themed framework?

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It does work - I took most of the .png's from 2.3 and pulled the 3.0 framework-res.apk and swapped them out - it was a tedious process as the 2.3 drawable folder has 100 plus more images then the 3.0 one - so I literally had to go one by one so I didn't end up with un-needed images in my framework, what doesn't seem to stick is the WiFi - Signal - and - 3G Icons but these are not in the framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi folder...I don't know where they are pulled from - they do get themed with the theme chooser but as others have stated, it doesn't stick

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i have no clue on this one guys, not gonna lie. im waiting for BD to get online and ill get him to get back to you guys for an answer.

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

There are more things in gingerbread that you have to theme in order to make sure it is fully themed. Some of the Wifi, 3Gl, and singal icons are in the SystemUi.apk. I am going to make a tutorial on the new themeing system soon. Making a tutorial as I make my own theme and lockscreen work with it. I will make sure that you guys have a tutorial in time enough to make your themes for the full release.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some of the Wifi, 3Gl, and singal icons are in the SystemUi.apk.

I will be looking forward to the tutorial but in the meantime this ^ is the answer I was looking for - thanks :happy:

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you are having issues with decompiling the SystemUI.apk, you will have to incorporate the framework-res.apk into apktool. I put apktool, framework-res, and SystemUI all in the same folder, opened the terminal and navigated to it and used this command:

java -jar apktool.jar if framework-res.apk

This allows you to then usual the normal d command to open the SystemUI. Hope this helps.

PS. If you have your java path set up, I don't think you need to do the java -jar thing, but I never seem to get that right so just do it the long way. LoL

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just use 7zip to change out .png's - no need to decompile

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
System ui that's one place I didn't look I'll be working on this again tonight

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just opened it and this is the answer to all the issues ive had....thanks to everyone for the thread....i can't believe I didn't look here earlier

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just opened it and this is the answer to all the issues ive had....thanks to everyone for the thread....i can't believe I didn't look here earlier

I was going to gtalk you but you were showing offline - but this does answer a lot :)

R3Ds

Developer
Reaction score
Website
r3dsthemes.com
framework and systemui makes the base for the theme.
take a look at the urban for ud 3.0 beta. i think is pretty much complete.
backup before installing this test.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11235279/UD.GiNGeRBReAD.3.0/UD.GB-URBAN.BETA.TEST.R3Ds.zip

snap20110103_223936.png