txt message spam?

Ruffy

Reaction score
Hello all. well as soon as i got my droid i got this txt message. 118012222289 zmail spam stuff and says to simply stop these message please reply to this one. and under that it says charges may apply. so what the!!! its a lose lose on this one?

allikanbe

Reaction score
Hello all. well as soon as i got my droid i got this txt message. 118012222289 zmail spam stuff and says to simply stop these message please reply to this one. and under that it says charges may apply. so what the!!! its a lose lose on this one?

I never got a spam text, but I sure would NOT reply to it. I would just delete it.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Handcent lets you blacklist numbers. You might get the text, but you will never see it. Plus, you can block premium messaging through the settings on your VZW online account, or stop into a store and have them blocked.

KevinJ

Reaction score
It's just like the old days on the internet (although some people still fall for it).

If a txt message or email says "click here to stop/remove yourself, etc., you can be sure of one thing.

It's a trap. (Usually). It's just a way for the spammer to confirm your number/email, etc.

Just delete it.

JoDaCoda

Reaction score
I'm getting the exact same message!!

I never got these until I had to send my phone into Motorola for repair. As soon as it came back yesterday, I started getting them almost every hour.

Definitely don't click the link. I'm sure it's a trap!! :icon_evil: