two recoveries installed at once?

diesburg

Reaction score
I had a hell of a time finding out for sure which recovery I needed installed. I tried a few, all had issues, this was with stock rooted rom that I tried all this. Then, I finally found the CM7 nightly thread on XDA and got the CWM recovery for cm7 and similar roms. It works great, but I noticed something. When I choose reboot->recovery in android, I am took to the correct version of CWM for cm7. But, when I use volume keys when powering on to go to recovery, I'm took to one of the other recoveries I previously installed. So I think I've got 2 different versions of recovery on here at the same time. Is this normal? If not normal, how can I fix? If it is normal, why or how is this normal?

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
On the new cm7 and miui you can't do the three button recovery. You can only boot into recovery with the phone on. Hold the Power button go to recovery that way only.
No need for a fix just use the new recovery.

I'm on miui fast as hell.

OP
D

diesburg

Reaction score
When I use 3 button way, recovery loads, just never used it for anything just in case, is it not functional or will it mess something up?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I've heard it could mess things up. Just make sure not to use it for anything while your on cm7 or miui. Basically and thing other then froyo.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums