Two Issues out of no where

robdog09

Reaction score
1) My home soft key doesnt do anything. It has the haptic feedback, but doesnt take me anywhere
2) When the power button is hit, it dims the screen, but when i hit it to turn it back on, it takes me immediately into the phone. It never prompts me to slide across the screen to unlock. Problem is phone keeps dialing people in my pocket.
3) *** NEWLY FOUND ISSUE*** The microscope/find soft key is broken too. Nothing!

these two things happened at the same time, out of no where. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Sounds like a process may have lost it's mind. Hold the power button and power off the phone then hold it to power it back on.

JCo352

Reaction score
1) My home soft key doesnt do anything. It has the haptic feedback, but doesnt take me anywhere
2) When the power button is hit, it dims the screen, but when i hit it to turn it back on, it takes me immediately into the phone. It never prompts me to slide across the screen to unlock. Problem is phone keeps dialing people in my pocket.

these two things happened at the same time, out of no where. Any ideas?

I know that the app "knocking" disables the lock screen for some reason. But if you don't have that app, it could be another app that you recently downloaded. Not sure about the home button.

OP
R

robdog09

Reaction score
so i have been recently messing around with the mods. Specifically, downloaded rom manager free v. and premium. Seemed to start after that

OP
R

robdog09

Reaction score
so i figured it out. It turns out the core google "app" wasnt running on the phone. Apparently tihs handles a lot of functions. I found a post alluding to this, and did some investigation. I ended up re-adding my gmail account (even though my email was already syncing) and it stepped me through the setup process. Account got added (w/o a duplicate), gmail continued to sync, and buttons were fixed.