Two bricked razr's in less then 24hour

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
So I was useing my razr yesterday (playing on facebook) and it reset it self. The only thing it would do is light up the status bar at the top. I tryed resetting it and it would do the same. Took it to verizon and the first the lady did was try and try to pull the back off to pull the batterie, I told her it dont pull out like other phones. She did not believe me so she had to call the manager over, wel he told her it dont pull. So she did what she had to, to get me a new phone. The new razr came in today and it does the same thing, so now im waitting for a 3rd on to come in. Has anyone had this problom befor? O and im not rooted. Thanks and sorry that was long.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So I was useing my razr yesterday (playing on facebook) and it reset it self. The only thing it would do is light up the status bar at the top. I tryed resetting it and it would do the same. Took it to verizon and the first the lady did was try and try to pull the back off to pull the batterie, I told her it dont pull out like other phones. She did not believe me so she had to call the manager over, wel he told her it dont pull. So she did what she had to, to get me a new phone. The new razr came in today and it does the same thing, so now im waitting for a 3rd on to come in. Has anyone had this problom befor? O and im not rooted. Thanks and sorry that was long.

Totally unheard of till now. Let us know what number three is like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know vzw reps have a lot of phones and people to deal with but by now they should know the razr has a non removable battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You probably did, but did you try a simulated battery pull?? Hold volume down and power at the same time...

Also, have you tried booting into safe mode????

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Since he's already got number 3 on the way, no sense in troubleshooting number 2. If number 3 fails the same way, I believe we can conclude it's not the phones and that it has to be a software conflict. Then it's just a matter of a FDR and installing one by one till it fails again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Since he's already got number 3 on the way, no sense in troubleshooting number 2. If number 3 fails the same way, I believe we can conclude it's not the phones and that it has to be a software conflict. Then it's just a matter of a FDR and installing one by one till it fails again.

Agreed :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
onelowbirD68

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
Yes I tryed the volume down plus power , the guy at verizon tryed that safe start and it would not do any thing. I just find it odd how it happened out no where and the new one did the same

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Since you're watching, did you install ANY user-installed software? Second, if you did, did any of it come from outside sources (*besides the Google Play Store*)? Just trying to set the stages for the troubleshooting.

OP
onelowbirD68

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
All the apps I had came from the app store(play), iv not downloaded any new ones in over a month. And im using my samsung fascinate, bigg difference comein back to it from my razr

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
All the apps I had came from the app store(play), iv not downloaded any new ones in over a month. And im using my samsung fascinate, bigg difference comein back to it from my razr

Don't even want to compare...RAZR is the bomb. As for the apps, do you know which ones you installed? Could you produce a list?

OP
onelowbirD68

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
The apps I had were, color note, fox fi, fb messenger, amazon mp3, amazon, e bay, flashlight, zedge, handcent, epic fail, ppl. Of walmart, advanced task mananger, droid forum, audio manager, tv listing, weather bug, battery app, my album fb, netflix and hulu. I think thats it

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Good info. Let me do some research.

OP
onelowbirD68

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
Most of thos have been on the phone from day one. and I had angry birds in space, that was the last app I got

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm going to play a hunch and say that epic fail and people of Walmart could easily be offending applications. I would uninstall them both and try again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
onelowbirD68 said:
The apps I had were, color note, fox fi, fb messenger, amazon mp3, amazon, e bay, flashlight, zedge, handcent, epic fail, ppl. Of walmart, advanced task mananger, droid forum, audio manager, tv listing, weather bug, battery app, my album fb, netflix and hulu. I think thats it

I never knew that PoW had an app. I love that site. I checked out the app and there was a lot of complaints about it force closing all the time. I agree with Foxkat dump it. As for me I think that i'll stick to going to the site with my browser. It's slower but safer.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.