turning OFF the alarm clock...

porterbl1

Reaction score
A couple of times I have accidentally lost the Dismiss box while the alarm is ringing. Then for the next 5 minutes I was frantically trying to turn off the d@#n alarm while my newborn daughter was sleeping beside me.

Finally I decided there was just no way to silence the alarm and I turned off my phone.

This morning it happened to my husband. I kept telling him to just turn the phone off!! but he also tried for like five minutes... while my baby slept.

Surely there is in fact a way to get that screen back up to dismiss the alarm. Can someone enlighten us please. Thanks.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A couple of times I have accidentally lost the Dismiss box while the alarm is ringing. Then for the next 5 minutes I was frantically trying to turn off the d@#n alarm while my newborn daughter was sleeping beside me.

Finally I decided there was just no way to silence the alarm and I turned off my phone.

This morning it happened to my husband. I kept telling him to just turn the phone off!! but he also tried for like five minutes... while my baby slept.

Surely there is in fact a way to get that screen back up to dismiss the alarm. Can someone enlighten us please. Thanks.

My phone sits in the dock. When the alarm goes off I aim a finger at the dismiss or snooze button and that's the first thing I touch on the phone. Are you losing the screen due to hitting other buttons on the side of the phone?

OP
P

porterbl1

Reaction score
Most of the time I touch the Dismiss in the box and it works fine. A couple of times (while half asleep, of course) I have hit another part of the screen which causes the box to disappear.

Pulling up the alarm shortcut doesn't bring it back. You can't turn down the alarm volume, it isn't in the notification bar.... nothing.

-Becca

OP
P

porterbl1

Reaction score
My phone isn't in a dock. So I could very well be hitting the buttons on the side as I pick it up.

-Becca

Reaction score
When ever i press the wrong button, and the dismiss message goes away i open the notifications and there it is.

OP
P

porterbl1

Reaction score
No, not I. Believe me I tried that and a million other things...

myriad46

Reaction score
When you are in the Alarm Clock settings, you can set the behavior of the side buttons to snooze or dismiss. I always use the button. If you should hit the back button by accident and get back to the home screen with the alarm still going off, the side button will no longer work until you pull down the task pane and reselect the alarm. Using the buttons works with a dock or without.

Big Cam

Reaction score
When ever i press the wrong button, and the dismiss message goes away i open the notifications and there it is.
Exactly, if you miss the dismiss button.

Press the lock button to wake up the screen, unlock your phone, slide down the notifications bar and hit the alarm and you are there.

Or if you have Beatiful Widgets installed like you should, you could tap the time and that will bring up your alarm as well. This should not be taking you 5 minutes. 5 seconds maybe.

Reaction score
Exactly, if you miss the dismiss button.

Press the lock button to wake up the screen, unlock your phone, slide down the notifications bar and hit the alarm and you are there.

Or if you have Beatiful Widgets installed like you should, you could tap the time and that will bring up your alarm as well. This should not be taking you 5 minutes. 5 seconds maybe.

Weather widget also does this

donnakclark

Reaction score
This doesn't work on my phone. Nothing short of turning off my phone will silence my alarm.

Downstrike

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Marauder
What are we supposed to do when the dismiss button never appears?

If I'm doing anything on the on-screen keyboard when an alarm goes off, the dismiss button never appears.

Shutting off the phone in the middle of using the keyboard is usually not an option.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What are we supposed to do when the dismiss button never appears?

If I'm doing anything on the on-screen keyboard when an alarm goes off, the dismiss button never appears.

Shutting off the phone in the middle of using the keyboard is usually not an option.
Welcome to the Forum. What phone and which keyboard are you using? I assume you are not still using a Motorola Droid from 2010 (but it is possible).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Downstrike

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Marauder
Welcome to the Forum. What phone and which keyboard are you using? I assume you are not still using a Motorola Droid from 2010 (but it is possible).

Thanks for the welcome. This is a Pantech Marauder with 4G LTE, purchased a few months ago.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the welcome. This is a Pantech Marauder with 4G LTE, purchased a few months ago.
When this occurs do you have an active Alarm Notification in the Notification panel? Can you swipe down on the Notification panel and dismiss the Alarm that way? You shouldn't have to turn off your phone to dismiss an Alarm.