Turning off opening sounds

ophelia

Reaction score
When I turn on my droid razr m, it emits a loud "droid" sound that disturbs me and those around me. It prevents me from turning on the phone discretely. Is there a way to turn off that opening noise?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

It "sounds" as if you are turning it on from being totally off. If that's the case just allow it to go to sleep rather than turning it off. Since I don't have a Razr I could be totally off base. But after 5 hours of you waiting - I thought I'd take a shot. :biggrin:

OP
O

ophelia

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

It "sounds" as if you are turning it on from being totally off. If that's the case just allow it to go to sleep rather than during it off. Since I don't have a Razr I could be totally off base. But after 5 hours of you waiting - I thought I'd take a shot. :biggrin:

Thanks for the suggestion and your response. I prefer to turn the phone off totally. I know that is hard to believe!! :biggrin:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion and your response. I prefer to turn the phone off totally. I know that is hard to believe!! :biggrin:

I never turn mine off. There may be a way to do that but it would likely require root and a different ROM, or you could turn the sound off.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Go into settings: sound and turn system volume down. Should do the trick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
O

ophelia

Reaction score
I never turn mine off. There may be a way to do that but it would likely require root and a different ROM, or you could turn the sound off.
That is exactly what I am trying to do....turn off the opening sound. Unfortunately on the list of Sounds that can be controlled, there is no designation for startup or turning the phone on. The only sound categories are "music, video games,..." Ringtone, Notifications, and Alarms. Saddly nothing for "System" sounds.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what I am trying to do....turn off the opening sound. Unfortunately on the list of Sounds that can be controlled, there is no designation for startup or turning the phone on. The only sound categories are "music, video games,..." Ringtone, Notifications, and Alarms. Saddly nothing for "System" sounds.

I know, that's why I suggested not turning it off.

OP
O

ophelia

Reaction score
Looks as though I did not post my last messages correctly. I found a solution. Asked Google how to turn of the startup sound and was directed to another forum. Someone suggested using a 3rd party app. Discovered that are quite a few. Selected one called "Silent Boot" by Anton Weber.

THANKS to all of you who responded.
Ophelia

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Glad you found something but very surprised something could act on the system during the boot process without rooting.