Turning apps on and off

schwa6970

Reaction score
Had this droid 2 going on a month now and I love it. I just have one concern. I don't care much for the fact that it seems like there are so many apps automatically running that I tend to lose connectivity due to overtaxing of the processor is there a way to control the apps to the point where I could just have the necessary apps to run the basic functions of the phone and use the rest on an as needed basis? I would really like to see some kind of control in a firmware update if it isn't possible already possib le . By the way I have the first droid2 and have the task killer running once every fifteen minutes or so but still find myself going to the task killer if I am online a find a page not loading I go to the task killer and hit the button I have to do this every new page I go to as while on the one page a bunch more apps start running and bogging it down again

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

You basically are worried about something that you don't need to be worried about. First, get rid of the task killer. This is a Droid, it's not a Blackberry so it will manage it's own memory just fine.

And those apps you see aren't really running in the background. It's more like sleeping in the background. Yes they are there, at the ready but they are not running like they would be if you were actually using them.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
If you are losing connections I'd be looking at a problem with Verizon, not apps disconnecting you.