Turbo Tough

JDH

Reaction score
So I'm at my 3hp table grinder/belt sander just wailing away cutting a 1/8" steel plate, Sparks flying all over the place. Actually put on welding gloves because my hands were taking so much spark. Later I'm outside finishing up the job when I get a call. I can feel all these little bumps on my screen, they are metal flakes that landed on my turbo through the flap on my belt case. I mean the screen looked smeared with all these pocks. Wiped it over and over and low and behold, it all came off and left no sign of damage. This gorilla glass can take the heat!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No divets or scratching??? That's pretty awesome..you may want to thoroughly clean the screen and look for small signs of damage..just to be sure..but the way they make this glass is pretty impressive...

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Yeah, I cleaned it thoroughly and then polished it with an eye glass clothe. The little metal Sparks felt like sand stuck to glass. I am amazed. I have also dropped this phone several times on various surfaces without damage. I have killed all my previous phones by drowning, River, pond, creek ect.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Impressive!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yup...very nice..

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Turbo is my fourth phone with gorilla glass
and I've never had even a tiny scratch on any of them. Never used screen covers either.

Go Gorilla!

=^.".^=

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Turbo is my fourth phone with gorilla glass
and I've never had even a tiny scratch on any of them. Never used screen covers either.

Go Gorilla!

=^.".^=
Don't take it to the beach or near sand. I learned that lesson. Screen had tons of little scratches. This was on the bionic.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Don't take it to the beach or near sand. I learned that lesson. Screen had tons of little scratches. This was on the bionic.
Exactly why I keep a screen protector on mine...keys, screwdrivers...nothing to worry about... Silica or beach sand...and you've got scratches everywhere...
I was kinda shocked that debris from the ops belt sander, didn't scratch the screen.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Dropped mine pretty hard the other day. This is the first time I've dropped a phone and didn't panic because the glass is pretty....bad glass! See what I did there?
Picked it up knowing it would still be pristine. It is. :)

Tap'n Turbo

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Dropped mine pretty hard the other day. This is the first time I've dropped a phone and didn't panic because the glass is pretty....bad glass! See what I did there?
Picked it up knowing it would still be pristine. It is. :)

Tap'n Turbo
I see what you did there....

sent from #8